Double-Din touch screen LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double-Din touch screen LCD?

I have a stock double-din headunit on my '00 xterra, and i wanted to do the whole carputer setup, however all the 7" touch screens i've seen seem wider than double-din, and i prefer a standalone double-din, instead of a single-din motorized one, i want the screen to pretty much just stay there, if worst comes to worst i can cut out the dash a little wider for it to fit, but is there any double-din sized touch screen LCD's i can use?

I believe the 7" screen is smaller than the opening.
    The double-din is 7" wide by 4" tall....
    The screen is actually less than 7" wide and just less than 4" tall(without the housing).

Check the newbie section for Lilliput and Xenarc Stickies.

Good Luck!
    EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
    Installed & Working....
    Custom enclosures
    Newbie Guide

Comment

Check out this link if you are looking for a good fit in a double-din:

http://www.tmz.com/wrx/bezel.html

Really clean install if you don't want to mod your dash.
      The superfluous, a very necessary thing.

Comment

thats really tight, that may be just what i need, however the measurements of the liliput monitor were more than 7" wide and more than 4" high, i'm referring to the 7" touchscreen LCD by them. thats whats confusing me. i was also looking at the dynamix ultrabrite 7" lcd.

Comment

The lilliput has a slightly smaller housing than the xenarc. I'm putting my xenarc into a double din hole at the moment, I bought a conversion facia for my car and am going to take a dremmel to it in the morning.. hopefully I'm going to try and fit the xenarc including the buttons.. we shall see

CdR
          Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Comment

I too am looking for a clean install for a double din. Without shredding the console. My idea is to use the headrest shroud of the lcd to mount on the empty double din case. Then, cut the back out of the shroud. Install pins on the sides of the lcd and inner part of the shroud so i can swivel the screen and also lift the screen to access the mac mini that will be so cleverly sitting behind it. If all goes well of course.

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL
              The lilliput has a slightly smaller housing than the xenarc. I'm putting my xenarc into a double din hole at the moment, I bought a conversion facia for my car and am going to take a dremmel to it in the morning.. hopefully I'm going to try and fit the xenarc including the buttons.. we shall see

CdR
              i thought you already had a xenarc in your car, what car is this for?
              PC Components:
              Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
              My work log

Comment

will he do it with the newer LCD? and i hear the dynamix ultrabright has a high contrast ratio of 400:1 how does the lilliput compare?

Comment

check this out...............
                  Attached Files
                  RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                  We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

i got an '00, but are you saying that your xenarc fit double-din with the housing?

Comment

Don't know about the housing,this is a mod.
                      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

is a 200:1 contrast ratio good? I was looking at the dynamix ultrabright, and i realized it had a 400:1 contrast ratio which caught my eye. However i like the fact that the guy made a double-din bezel for the lilliput, if anyone has that 7" lilliput touchsreen, let me know what you think of the quality and contrast ratio of it.

Comment

i like that bezel idea to get flush in dash, but some of the issues i'd have with that are a. isn't the lilliputs contrast ratio only 200:1...bad in daylight? and the buttons aren't accessible anymore so i would not be able to switch from my computer display to a...ps2...or camera...or stuff like that. thanks for the input so far.

if there are other similar installs and bezels made for maybe a xenarc or a dynamix or anything like that, please please please let me know, i want a variety of options, thank you for all the input so far.

Comment

I'm getting ready to put a xenarc in my 03 xterra. Are you moving the double din to the free space below the the orignal location? Any thing major you have run into yet?? I do not plan on keeping the factory radio.

Comment

Working...
                            X