Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• connecting LCD to mini-ITX

Hello people,

I'm getting a carputer set up in my room running a mini-ITX off a motorcycle battery for now. I bought a SoundStream VHR-76 7" LCD monitor, which has RCA input only. Now I'm stuck, because nothing I do in the BIOS or in the XP display settings can make anything show up on the LCD. Nothing shows up on a TV either, so it must be the settings. Im sure the new LCD works ok and it's a setup problem.

Has anyone got the same combo working? The monitor resolution, i noticed is 1440x234... do you think this arb resolution is unsupported perhaps?

Any ideas?
    thanks
    Dan

Monitors resolution is ok! The usuall for Composite Monitors. R U using the S-Video or RCA output of your Mini-Itx? Please be more specific, what settings you have tried etc...Try using the RCA and enable the TV out from WinXP!
    Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
    http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

handbreak wire?

Hi,

Being a normal in car LCD, it probably has a handbreak wire which needs to be grounded before an image is displayed on screen. You'll have to consult the technical manual, as there is no standard colour scheme, this feature is there so you cant drive around while the monitor is displaying an image, for safety reasons.

Hope it helps,

Originally posted by abcxyz1983
      Hello people,

I'm getting a carputer set up in my room running a mini-ITX off a motorcycle battery for now. I bought a SoundStream VHR-76 7" LCD monitor, which has RCA input only. Now I'm stuck, because nothing I do in the BIOS or in the XP display settings can make anything show up on the LCD. Nothing shows up on a TV either, so it must be the settings. Im sure the new LCD works ok and it's a setup problem.

Has anyone got the same combo working? The monitor resolution, i noticed is 1440x234... do you think this arb resolution is unsupported perhaps?

Any ideas?
      thanks
      Dan

Comment

What motherboard are you using?

Some motherboards dont like the svideo / composite to be used as the primary monitor unless a vga is plugged in. I think this issue has been covered. You need to fool the motherboard into thinking there is a vga monitor connected.

here

I am unsure if this is the solution you need without the actual specs of the motherboard, ram etc.
        "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

I am using the EPIA-M mini-ITX motherboard. In the online manual, they say RCA is jumper-on-SPD_IF-3&4, then in their technical specs page, they say it's 1&2. Neither work. http://www.viaembedded.com/product/e...therboardId=81

the monitor just has a red wire and a black wire. i put the red in 12VDC yellow floppy cable, and the black in the GND floppy cable.

i don't think i need a VGA terminator like in that other pose, because i am using the vga monitor right now.

in winXP, the s3 options has a big red X over the TV option

hmm.

Comment

I worked it out...

I had to set it to PAL, instead of NTSC for some reason. The EPIA tech specs were correct, and the user manual was wrong: use pins 1&2 on SPDIF_SELECT for RCA.

the half hour of winamp plugins ran my motorcycle battery down half a volt to 11.5 and it shut off, so i think i'll keep the monitor off once i get winamp shuffle playing. Probably better that way, in a car and all. (unless im impressing the ladies )

Now my problem is that it doesnt play my divx movies. the part of the screen where its supposed to be playing is just blank (blackish blue).
            hmm

Comment

You have to select your TV as the primary display.

Comment

Working...
              X