lilliput 7" egg problem!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lilliput 7" egg problem!

I have a standard tv lilliput 7" lcd that has been working for 3 months with no problems. I tried to turn it on this morning but it was dead. After testing the circuits I have determined that the 'egg' is blown, (the tv still works fine using the main power suply in the house). does anyone know if is there anywhere I can get a replacement power cable and new egg or can I just cut the egg out? Will this be a bad idea?
    Im desparate as my dashboard is a bit of a mess at the moment!!

Thanks

the eggs tend to do that. Either buy a new 12V regualted supply (not another egg) that can put out about 1200mA or more. Or wire the screen up to the 12V line (yellow and adjacent black) on your PSU if you have 10W (1A) to spare. There are some other ideas in the "powering your LCD" sticky in the LCD section.

Comment

tap into a ACC fuse so when u turn ur key the lilliput powers up and just use the end cable off of the egg the one that goes from the egg unit itself to the lilliput and that shud work fine :-D good lucl

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
        tap into a ACC fuse so when u turn ur key the lilliput powers up and just use the end cable off of the egg the one that goes from the egg unit itself to the lilliput and that shud work fine :-D good lucl
        But from what a I believe the lilliput is rated at 12V and may not have a regualtor inside. Does the ACC line not run at an unregualted voltage - i.e. approx. 14V wheh the engine is running???? That would probably reduce the life of the lilliput.

Comment

naw its only 12 volts becasue basicly all the inside lights and stuff run at 12 volts and those r hooked upto fuses too... ive got interior b lue lights that i added and those only run at 12 volts nothing lower will power em and n e thing higher they will burn out its just like hooking it upto the cig lighter... weve done it to 2 of my friends cars there egg blew so we just hard wired it to the fuse box works perfect

Comment

That's a little scary. Why would they spend extra $$ to have a 12v switching regulator on the car adapter if it wasn't needed?

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
              That's a little scary. Why would they spend extra $$ to have a 12v switching regulator on the car adapter if it wasn't needed?
              at last, someone to back me up.

lilliput specs say 12V. not 10-24V but 12V.

Comment

I don't use the egg, just hooked my Lilli up to the Carnetix. If its any consolation the Lilli manual says input range of 11-13v.
                Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                  naw its only 12 volts becasue basicly all the inside lights and stuff run at 12 volts and those r hooked upto fuses too... ive got interior b lue lights that i added and those only run at 12 volts nothing lower will power em and n e thing higher they will burn out its just like hooking it upto the cig lighter... weve done it to 2 of my friends cars there egg blew so we just hard wired it to the fuse box works perfect
                  Check your vehicle's power with a voltmeter sometime. When running it's anywhere from around 13.6V to 14.4V, with the occasional power transient from high-current devices switching on and off (like DC-powered engine cooling fans).
                  System status: in progress

Comment

Working...
                  X