No announcement yet.

drop down xenarc install?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drop down xenarc install?

i was just curious if people have had good success with the xenarc drop down monitors. i want to put it in my tundra... i have an overhead console up in the front between the 2 sun visors. it looks like the width of the unit will be fine.... but im curious about how well one installs. i am also curious about the wire length.... as i need it to make it scross the roof... and down the pillar without extension??

There's a guy with a BMW that did that, and it looked nice, but I can't find his post. One concern that I ran into when I considered that in my Buick was blocking my rear-view mirror.

As for the cable run, if the VGA cable is shielded, it should be fine to use an extension. Absolutely no problems with the USB either.
    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating

here is a pic of a tundra overhead console. i want to replace it with a xenarc 700TR. i just dont want to buy another monitor and it not work out in my install like the 7000IDT
      Attached Files

Any updates on the dropdown?

Biostar M7NCG 400 ver 7.2 AMD Mobile Athlon 1.1GHz (@ 1GHz), Kingston PC2700 512mb WD 80gig HD Custom Case Opus 150W PS Lilliput 7" TS D-Link DBT-120 BT D-Link DWL-G122 WiFi Holux GR-231 GPS nLited XP Pro iGuidance RoadRunner frontend

10 acura TL tech
          10 BMW S1000RR