Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on extending the Lilliput cable

Hi all,
    I'm in the process of moving my carputer from the glovebox to the trunk, and I need help on where and what kind of cable I need to buy to feed the signal from the EPIA M mobo to the Lilliput on the dask.

I've read the "everything about the Lilliput" and found:

"Inputs
    SVGA, RCA Composite, & VGA
    If you want to extend the video/touchscreen breakout cable (the one that gives you your VGA plug), use a "9 Pin Mini-Din" cable. This may also be referred to as a 'bus mouse extension cable'. Don't confuse this with a normal PS/2 keyboard or mouse extension cable, they don't have enough pins and have a different shape inside.

Example cable: http://www.computerplug.com/cable_m...us-ext-tech.htm"

However, the computerplug offers only the 6' cable, and I need longer than that. I couldn't find anything on Google either.
    If you've done this before, please share your experience and where did you buy your cable at.

Thank very much.

You can do it on the computer end if you want. All you really need is a VGA extension cable and a USB extension cable. I know you're playing with 2 cables instead of one, but at least you'll have better luck finding longer lengths for these.

Comment

Originally posted by nl4jy
      You can do it on the computer end if you want. All you really need is a VGA extension cable and a USB extension cable. I know you're playing with 2 cables instead of one, but at least you'll have better luck finding longer lengths for these.
      ^^^what he said^^^
      Da_Kooz

Comment

I have a usb cable that goes to a usb hub in the front of the car and plugged the touchscreen to the hub and got a VGA extension cable and ran that to the computer in the trunk. Very similar to nl4jy's suggestion just a bit different implementation.
        Progress: |##########| 99.99%
        - Tweaking and enjoying!!!! Never really done.....

-= MachPuter Project =-
        -= MachPuter Project Worklog=-

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'm really appreciated the help.

Comment

extend ur vga and ur usb keep em seperate from ur power wires tho thats what i did!

Comment

Working...
            X