Paid job, add touchscreen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid job, add touchscreen

Hello, I am a newbie so please excuse me if this is the wrong place...

I have an 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee (which has a 1.5-DIN slot), to which I would like to add a touchscreen GPS system.

I have been looking at the AVIC-D1, but it requies a 2-DIN slot. I have seen some Grand Cherokees on here that is basically what I want (http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...rand+cherokee), and I was wondering if maybe anyone ould give me a rough estimate of what something like that would cost.
    I am also going to pay someone to do it for me if you are interested.
    Here are the features I would like:
    • Touchscreen
    • GPS system with POIs (POIs are a must)
    • turn-by-turn voice instructions for driving directions
    • Dvd player (not a necessity)
    • Ability to have an audio CD and the navigation dvd in at the same time

I also have a couple questions: are the systems people on here build just like the factory ones? Meaning do they have all of the same features?

Thanks for any help!!

sometimes more features, navigation software is usually better on factory systems.... the interface is usually better... (at least thats what most folks say)

What exactly do you want? someone in your area or what? u dont even post where u are?! what kind of help do u want without posting anything my friend?!!?!?!?!

please be more intelligetn in your posting!
    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

get a car pc! pm me if you send me the stuff i can fbricate it and send it back

Comment

Hey Scotty. If you are willing to pay someone to do it for you, and are looking for something very professional looking and affordable, I highly recommend xdjxclusive. He has done a few small projects for me, and I've seen his work in the gallery at mobile-effects.com.

Hey DJ, do you have any links to stuff you have done?
        www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

My Explorer Pics link

Accord Coupe Mold Pics I Did this one too

Comment

LOL! Sorry. I am in Glendora, CA. It's 1/2 an hour from Buena Park.

Ideally, if you could fit the AVIC-D1 in my car that would be perfect. I'll get you some measurements tomorrow. Here is the link to the D1 (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...219118,00.html).
            My problems with a carputer: one of my main needs is POIs so will the customs have them? Next is the interface, I want something that is going to look good and be user friendly.

Comment

check ur pms

Comment

get int touch with me if other project can not meet your needs...

my solution is indash projector for either 1.5din touch screen or backsit entertament.

Comment

Hey dragon, what r u wselling? PM me if you wsnt, I want to s4ell carpc in my local market, maybe u have innovative products from the way u speak?
                  Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                  Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

I am going to go with fitting the AVIC-D1 in the dash. It will fit perfectly because the bezel takes 4.5 inches, and the D1 is 4 inches, so there will be a quarter inch of room around it. I will most before and after pics if you guys want.

I have a wait a few days though, the AVIC-D1 isn't released until the 6th, and I need to finish this job I am working on for $$.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                      Hey dragon, what r u wselling? PM me if you wsnt, I want to s4ell carpc in my local market, maybe u have innovative products from the way u speak?
                      could you please detail your request?

I really do not know "s4ell", and sorry for my english.

Comment

Working...
                      X