Xenarc white screen of death?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc white screen of death?

I think my screen has died. I turned it on yesterday and the monitor powered up ok and about 10 seconds later the screen went bright white. I was powering it off an ATX power supply that I am using to test my setup prior to installation. I have looked around the forums and the only relevant answer I could find is that maybe one of the internal ribbon cables has come loose. I wanted to install it in the car this week but it looks like it's now not going to happen.
    Does anyone have any answers? Can someone please shed some light on this.
    Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

I used to have a Xenarc with the same problem. Well at first I had funny colours and then the white screen. Its probably the ribbon, u can unscrew it and check, or send it back for a replacement, if you are under warranty!
    Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
    http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

do you have the osd? If you do, maybe it's the video frequency is out of range. My Xenarc do that all the time if my resolution/frequency is out of range.

Did you try it without a video source or some other video source?

Comment

Wow, I just had this problem with a Xenarc (brand new) just a half-hour ago. My problem - settings out of range.

try this
        1. Go into safe Mode (does it display) - Mine did in Safe Mode, not in regular
        2. If yes, restart and get to the OS choices menu again (F8). ONe of the choices (that appeared on my menu) was "Enable VGA Mode." Select it and XP should boot and display
        3. Once at desktop, change your settings to something that works well

Not sure if this will help you, but it saved me
        Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

Wait, When you boot is it still white, or does it go white when you are inside Windows? If it is constant white, I dont think that it is a Out of Range problem....Although it would be better if it were!!
          Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
          http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

mine was fine during boot (would show all the stuff POST does) and go white right before it got to the Desktop. Then, it just remained white all the time. Like I said, I changed my settings and it got better. That's why I would recommend that meddler go into SafeMode to see if things work.
            Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

mine doesn't show the post. As soon as there is a signal to the screen it goes white. I tried it with a vga signal from my laptop at well. I can't even get the menu up. It looks like it might be the ribbon cable then. Will have to pull it apart and see. If not, it looks like it might be costing me some money to get it repaired

Comment

There are 2 ribbon cables that could be the problem.

The wider cable connected to the controller and lcd panel. Or the smaller cable on the back of the lcd panel.

The white screen of death happened to me last week, when I dropped the screen. It turned out the connector for the small ribbon cable on the lcd panel was loose. I just snapped it shut again, and it worked.
                -TJ
                Smart Playlists Plugin for RoadRunner
                CarPC - 05 Acura TL Navi (pics soon)
                Retired CarPC - 03 Infiniti Qx4

Comment

I had only looked at the larger one. But it looks like one of the transistors fell out of the case when I opened it I will have to have another look at the smaller cable then.

Comment

no dice looks like I have to wait to hear back from Xenarc.

Comment

Meddler,

I am having the same problem with my brand-new Xenarc. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?

Kevin

Comment

mine ended up being a dead controller. If it is new (ie. unopened) and still has warranty, then send it back to xenarc and get them to fix it. If it is out of warranty then try checking the ribbon cable that goes to the controller.

Comment

re

Old post, I know...I am having a similar problem with my 700ts, but my white screen goes away when I put pressure on the connector on the back. Any bump I hit in my car will make it come loose again. I supposed I could ghetto fix it, but do you guys think it could be a loose ribbon? I bought it off of some guy and it looks as if it has been taken apart before, so it's definetly possible he could have screwed something up...any suggestions?
                          Nero

Car: 99 Civic Coupe EX

2400+ XP-M, Biostar M7NCG400 board, Holux GPS, 512DDR, 700TS, Infinity Kappa 6.5 components and 6x9ís,12W6V2, Kenwood amp, Excelon 889 HU.

UPDATE: Fixed the GPS, just upgraded to iG 2.1.

Comment

My screen was brand new so I called Xenarc. They said it was most likely a loose ribbon cable and told me to send it back. I sent it a week ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero2007
                              Old post, I know...I am having a similar problem with my 700ts, but my white screen goes away when I put pressure on the connector on the back. Any bump I hit in my car will make it come loose again. I supposed I could ghetto fix it, but do you guys think it could be a loose ribbon? I bought it off of some guy and it looks as if it has been taken apart before, so it's definetly possible he could have screwed something up...any suggestions?
                              Sounds like a loose ribbon cable if it comes and goes whe you apply pressure to the screen. Try securring it in place. Also clean the contacts on the ribbon cable with an erasor.

Comment

Working...
                              X