Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamix Ultrabright 7" LCD/VGA touchscreen any good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dynamix Ultrabright 7" LCD/VGA touchscreen any good?

    i ran by the dynamix utlrabright touchscreen, and it said it had a 400:1 contrast ratio, and if i'm not mistaken, thats brighter than both the xenarc and lilliput, and a lot of people are talking about how their screens aren't bright enough, so i was wondering if anyones every actually used this monitor and what they think of it

  • #2
    Whats the brightness? (in cd/m2)

    Comment


    • #3
      One thing that may be relevant, some manufacturers publish the brightness of the LCD itself, and may fail to realize the dampening effect that most touchscreens have on the final output.

      Kinda like saying that your car is a 120hp car, even though less then 100hp get to the tire because of the transmission.
      Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
      http://hallert.net/

      Comment


      • #4
        or like the Mid engined RWD Clio 3 litre V6 with 240bhp compared to the traditional FWD 172 (or now 182) which was a hell of a lot lighter and this much faster through the twisties.

        Comment


        • #5
          400cd/m2 brightness, and 150 contrast ratio, my bad fella's

          http://dynamixcomputers.com/7_dynamix_ultra_bright.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by senseless228
            http://dynamixcomputers.com/7_dynamix_ultra_bright.html

            my bad, its 400cd/m2 and 150 contrast ratio, my bad fella's

            i dont know if thats good or bad, but thats why i'm posting, for you people to tell me about it, haha

            what a sensless waste of time this thread is!!! (pun intended)

            that is essentially like the original linITX/MM400... etc screen with 400cd/m2 brightness before TS so about 280-300cd/m2 after and a lot more fuzzyness and glare from the TS to boot

            The contrast ratio (or 'Contrast Radio' as thay put it ) is 150:1 which is normal for these screens.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
              or like the Mid engined RWD Clio 3 litre V6 with 240bhp compared to the traditional FWD 172 (or now 182) which was a hell of a lot lighter and this much faster through the twisties.
              Right, or the Orko GJK 2 Furlong B5 with the 193KW compared to the traditional WJK 91 which had twice the hopscotch because the Eldinger conversion was .7% above the GJK's orthotricyclen.
              Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
              http://hallert.net/

              Comment


              • #8
                bah, my bad guys, haha, so basically this monitor is average?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                  what a sensless waste of time this thread is!!! (pun intended)

                  that is essentially like the original linITX/MM400... etc screen with 400cd/m2 brightness before TS so about 280-300cd/m2 after and a lot more fuzzyness and glare from the TS to boot

                  The contrast ratio (or 'Contrast Radio' as thay put it ) is 150:1 which is normal for these screens.

                  Indeed...
                  Renault Megane...the OEM look

                  The Lost in Europe Ford Escort

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by senseless228
                    bah, my bad guys, haha, so basically this monitor is average?

                    Yes, it has the LCD panel from the Lilli, and the TS controller from Xenarc. Look into the LCD section of this forum.
                    Renault Megane...the OEM look

                    The Lost in Europe Ford Escort

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by senseless228
                      bah, my bad guys, haha, so basically this monitor is average?
                      I dunno, but I wouldn't base too much of my decision on those numbers. It's RMS speaker wattage all over again.
                      Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                      http://hallert.net/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Chairboy
                        I dunno, but I wouldn't base too much of my decision on those numbers. It's RMS speaker wattage all over again.
                        shhhhhh











                        just say it's average....

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chairboy
                          Right, or the Orko GJK 2 Furlong B5 with the 193KW compared to the traditional WJK 91 which had twice the hopscotch because the Eldinger conversion was .7% above the GJK's orthotricyclen.
                          Exactly!















                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I have that screen and it is working fine for me. If I knew for a fact that another screen was much much brighter, I woiuld probably upgrade when I have cash in the future.

                            But yeah, no complaints, good screen, got it off of eBay btw.
                            ----------------------
                            C134 Case
                            VIA EPIA M10000
                            FrodoPlayer
                            iGuidance + GPS
                            7" touchscreen LCD
                            2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
                            - V6 216hp
                            - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
                            - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
                            - AEM slotted brakes
                            - AEM CAI

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X