Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ok to put cardboard behind my lilli board?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok to put cardboard behind my lilli board?

I put my lilli in a custom case, however the case is too deep and i need to put something behind the board to prop it up. Is cardboard ok? Its vented and the case has plenty of room for air flow.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

to be safe i would try to fit the stock lilli piece on it trim it up and stuff its way better that way

Comment

well thats hte prob.. i bought my lilli used and without any brackets or casing. I installed it in my old TFT screen case which works well cause it matches my interior better.

Comment

I'd use peices of stiff foam, myself.

Comment

But doesn't foam melt?

Comment

the only thing you have to be careful of is HEAT. The main board of the Lilli has an element (rectangular in shape) that gets VERY hot.

Is it enough to burn your finger? OH YEAH, as I've found out.

Is it enought to set paper on fire (imagine using the screen for a few hours and the heat building up) or melt foam? Maybe... it would be best to go with a piece of plastic (you should be able to pick up some thin plastic from any hobby supply store)
            Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

I use a piece of hard plastic (similar in size and material to the original case) to mount the board in, then I have a piece of foam that pushes against the back of it to keep it flush.
              Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

Originally posted by shamyday
                the only thing you have to be careful of is HEAT. The main board of the Lilli has an element (rectangular in shape) that gets VERY hot.

Is it enough to burn your finger? OH YEAH, as I've found out.

Is it enought to set paper on fire (imagine using the screen for a few hours and the heat building up) or melt foam? Maybe... it would be best to go with a piece of plastic (you should be able to pick up some thin plastic from any hobby supply store)

you got burned by high voltage, not heat from the transformer, I have 2 lilliputs and that transformer doesnt get hot.
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

why not just buy a new lilliput housing mp3car store shud have it or www.digitalww.com

Comment

I've use cardboard, and it works just fine
                    1992 z71 Chevy

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                      why not just buy a new lilliput housing mp3car store shud have it or www.digitalww.com
                      This case fits better than the lilli case would. I'll have to take a pic but basically all i did was epoxy the case to the back of the bezel. Its like its from the factory.

Comment

Working...
                      X