Used paper towel and Windex on screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used paper towel and Windex on screen

Any ideas on how to get the film from the Windex off?

Grrrr
    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Have you used vinegar before to clean an LCD screen?
    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
    Sound Stage
    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

citric acid normally works with sticky stuff. but i would be careful with the TS. Dont rub too hard.

Comment

wash it under the sink :-D PINE SOL MOTHA ****AAAS lol

Comment

Originally posted by -zip-
          Any ideas on how to get the film from the Windex off?

Grrrr
          You used the name-brand Windex and it left streaks? SUE! No but seriously, in my experience, vinegar works better than the off brands, but Windex shines! I have never had problems with Windex streaking, only the offbrands. If there are streaks with windex, it's cause it isn't clean and there are oils left to be rubbed off, and it usually takes elbow grease.
          Carputer status: [-*---------]
          Im thinking laptop...

Comment

couldnt you just use like an alcohol wipe? thats what we use at work everyday....
            Friends are just enemies who dont have the guts to kill you!!!

Comment

I have 'ed the boards about this, some people wont put any liquid of any kind on the screen. They just use a 100% cotton cloth.

Tried that and got about 30% of the oily crap off the screen.

Gonna try Pine Sol and sandpaper next.....
              Sound Stage
              Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

plain ol' windex works for me!
                Im thinking laptop...

Comment

use those alcohol wipes for LCD screens. you can get them at any computer store.

Comment

You guys are brave. I personally would only use a GOOD microfiber cloth and water. It will get anything off that you could possibly have on your screen from normal use.

Windex, vinegar, etc are all not really 'designed' to clean plastic surfaces. If you really want to use a cleaner, use maguires clear plastic cleaner, and/or clear plastic detailer/polisher. Another plastic cleaning product I used is called brillianize. It also works good at cleaning clear plastics and leaves a very anti-static "smooth as ice" feel.

Comment

I use windex all the time on stuff like this, but good luck with that. I would recommend not using a paper towel though, as they live little fibers behind.

Originally posted by chris in nh
                      use those alcohol wipes for LCD screens. you can get them at any computer store.
                      I dunno man, we don't sell that **** at my store.
                      Tidder

Try RevFE
                      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

If I remember right, windex is NOT good to use on any sort of monitor as it will destroy any anti-glare coating. I'm not sure but straight rubbing alcohol may do the same (I'd dilute it). I use a small microfiber cloth that came with my watch (I use it for everything but the watch, it seems), and it works like a charm. Picks up all the oil with no problems.
                        The only problem is that I'm not sure where you'd normally get them. It's possible they carry them at eyeglass places. I did a quick bit of searching so here's a couple links:
                        answers.google.com:microfiber
                        http://www.neatitems.com/micro.htm
                        Please understand that I've never used the neatitems store, but they sell the microfiber 'optical' cloths for a couple bucks. Might be worth a try, they're really handy especially if you wear glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by gothate
                          If I remember right, windex is NOT good to use on any sort of monitor as it will destroy any anti-glare coating.
                          As if.
                          Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Working...
                          X