Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xenarc 700 TSV and PCB board. Can they be separated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Xenarc 700 TSV and PCB board. Can they be separated?

    I'm getting my flame suit on. Ok it's on now.

    Looked, but could not find this. Really, I did search dammit!

    Can the PCB from the Xenarc 700TSV be separated from the LCD? I'm plannong to take it out from the housing, but I would need to tilt back the PCB about 30 degress to make it fit in the opening. (PCB is taller than the LCD)

    After I get a definite reply I will post it on the Xenarc FAQ thread :P

    Thanks!
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

  • #2
    My flame suit is off now, but I am going to bump thisn one anyways.

    Seriously though, anyone care to asnwer?
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90


    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

    Comment


    • #3
      Let me be the 1st to flame you - sorry but i have to....

      of course you can separate the main controller fromt he xenarc. loads of people have done it. The FFC cable is 6 inches long. Jusr be very careful with the clips on the cable as the side tabs break off making it dificult but no impossible to secure the cable and be very careful handling the board as they are very sensitive.

      Comment


      • #4
        There's probably enough slack in the ribbon cable to tilt it 10 - 15 deg, maybe not enough for 30 deg. That's what I had to do to fit mine in the dash beside the a/c controls.
        *******************************
        *******************************

        Comment


        • #5
          you can get the board horizontal. I have one in bits on my desk.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChrominImpala
            Call Manufactuer and talk with them.
            I dont think he speaks Chinese
            Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
            Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
            I'M DEBT FREE!!
            I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks guys!
              2002 Honda CR-V
              Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
              Spent so far: $1105.90


              Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
              ...or even Listen to my music

              Comment


              • #8
                Check digitalww's site:

                http://www.digitalww.com/VVTModule.htm

                This module is basically the Xenarc setup. The VGA controller, the inverter, and the touch controller all are removable. Althought, it would probably be best to leave the touch controller and the inverter with the display panel and just move the VGA controller.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I remember there was a writeup on how to disassemble the Xenarc and remove components out of the 'shell'. Can't find it.

                  Any pointers please? I don't want to open this thing before getting an idea of what's involved... especially if there are any delicate parts that I need to be careful with.
                  2002 Honda CR-V
                  Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                  Spent so far: $1105.90


                  Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                  ...or even Listen to my music

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Bumpitybumpy.

                    Dying to take this thing apart and start doing some test fittings on my dash. ANy pointers to a write-up before I screw up this $400 ts monitor please?

                    Originally posted by justintime
                    I remember there was a writeup on how to disassemble the Xenarc and remove components out of the 'shell'. Can't find it.

                    Any pointers please? I don't want to open this thing before getting an idea of what's involved... especially if there are any delicate parts that I need to be careful with.
                    2002 Honda CR-V
                    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                    Spent so far: $1105.90


                    Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                    ...or even Listen to my music

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      OK, couldn't resist, and took it apart. All went fine..

                      I managed to separate everything, except for this part outlined in red. I believe this is the inverter. Can it be separated from the LCD? If not, I AM SCREWED!!!!


                      P.S.: Under what circumstances does one NOT need this inverter? Is it needed if you're connecting the screen to the OPUS/carputer 12V rail directly?
                      Attached Files
                      2002 Honda CR-V
                      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                      Spent so far: $1105.90


                      Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                      ...or even Listen to my music

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This should answer your question

                        2004 G35 Coupe project

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by justintime
                          OK, couldn't resist, and took it apart. All went fine..

                          I managed to separate everything, except for this part outlined in red. I believe this is the inverter. Can it be separated from the LCD? If not, I AM SCREWED!!!!


                          P.S.: Under what circumstances does one NOT need this inverter? Is it needed if you're connecting the screen to the OPUS/carputer 12V rail directly?

                          dude, the inverter is needed to power your backlight module.

                          It takes the 12V DC and converts it to about 600V AC (about 1200V on startup) to power the CCFL backlights that are behind the LCD panel. The qhite and pink wires are designed for these high voltages and are insulated in silicone with special connectors. BE VERY VERY carefu with what you do with it. Surely you can jsut move it over a bit to fit it in your dash?

                          your only other option would be to lengthen the wires but you would have to use the proper wire and connectors (can possibly get these from Digikey) but i do not really recommend this as your could cause problems. Try and move it and keep the plastic backing on it and do not let anything touch the top of it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thanks Scouse... The problem is that the inverter seems to be totally attached to the PCB... I'm not sure, but it appears there is some sort of streong adhesive between the PCB and the plastic separator (between PCB and Inverter). I didn't want to pull too hard. Is this something that can normally be separated? I don't think there are any cables or solder points between the two (at least not in that area) so pulling should be OK. Wanted to confirm first though.

                            The pic posted aove isn't too clear to me. not sure what I am meant of make of it!

                            Thanks guys.

                            Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                            It takes the 12V DC and converts it to about 600V AC (about 1200V on startup) to power the CCFL backlights that are behind the LCD panel. The qhite and pink wires are designed for these high voltages and are insulated in silicone with special connectors. BE VERY VERY carefu with what you do with it. Surely you can jsut move it over a bit to fit it in your dash?
                            2002 Honda CR-V
                            Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                            Spent so far: $1105.90


                            Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                            ...or even Listen to my music

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I'm starting a thread with fabrication process. Thanks to everyone for your help so far!!!

                              Fabrication thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51745
                              2002 Honda CR-V
                              Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
                              Spent so far: $1105.90


                              Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
                              ...or even Listen to my music

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X