Video input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video input

This is my first post here. I am very new to in-car computers but not car audio. I am about to remove my Pioneer AVHP 7500 and replace it with a computer. I have two camera's in my car and would like to use them with the computer. One isfor reverse and the other is in the nose. Is there already a tried and true way for installing a reverse camera with the computer? I know the monitor I am looking at (Xenarc touch screen) has a video input but I would rather run into the computer so the image can be projected on all the monitors.
    Thanks in advance.

1 camera = easy
    more than one camera = complete pain in the ***
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

How is one camera easy? I am not worried about the second camera. I made a switcher for that already. The Pioneer only has one video input. The other issue I might have is making the video input switch to the camera when the car is put into reverse.

Comment

check your pm

Comment

Originally posted by SickVette
          How is one camera easy? I am not worried about the second camera. I made a switcher for that already. The Pioneer only has one video input. The other issue I might have is making the video input switch to the camera when the car is put into reverse.
          ah, well in that case you're good to go!

Just use frodoplayer! It has a button to view the camera, and there is also a way to set up frodoplayer to automatically switch to the camera when the car goes into reverse!

The thing with multiple video inputs (which you have said will not be an issue with you) is the way that we lowly programmers can interface to them. It's a real pain to write software to access more than one camera.
          I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

wizard ...thanks. I do not know what frodoplayer is but I am going to google it and get some information. I appreciate the help.

Comment

how do u configure this in frodoplayer. I mean what switching to do
              can u help me pls
              Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
              2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
              120 Gb Laptop HD
              7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
              Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
              Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
              ----------
              Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Comment

Originally posted by SickVette
                wizard ...thanks. I do not know what frodoplayer is but I am going to google it and get some information. I appreciate the help.
                Check the Software and Front Ends section for Frodoplayer. It's a front end for music, video, etc.
                Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                Want to:
                -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

hey sickvette,

a nice solution to your problem would be to purchase one of those video splitters that are used in cc security camera systems. this will allow you to display both images at the same time (and most likely) switch between them. You may have to break into it and wire up some relays to have it switch automatically but it is possible.

That in junction with the xenarc will allow the images to come on automatically and will be probably the easiest way. I'm not 100% about frodo player but it may require usb cameras and I know you're using component-ntsc ones.
                  New System in progress:
                  M10k
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                  Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                  Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                  Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                  Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                  My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
                    ...I'm not 100% about frodo player but it may require usb cameras and I know you're using component-ntsc ones.
                    Whoops I guess we forgot to tell him about the hardware!

You'll need a video capture device in addition to your cameras. An ATI TV Wonder PCI card will do, but there are also USB video capture devices out there.
                    I'M DEBT FREE!!

Comment

wow...i should read your posts before i reply. you want to go into the computer then out to the monitors...
                      New System in progress:
                      M10k
                      Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
                      Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
                      Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
                      Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
                      Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
                      My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

are your cameras using RCA cables ? Then you could just hook them up to video inputs of your monitor ?
                        Via Epia M10000 / 512 DDR / 10gigs 3.5 HD / M1-ATX / Innovatek 7" TS Screen
                        Trunk fiberglassing in progress...
                        Need GPS / Aux Input / WiFi

My Corolla Computer

Comment

Working...
                        X