Help Me Please Find The Right Screen!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Me Please Find The Right Screen!

Alright my car computer is all built the software is all done I just need to get the screen.

I have a standard double din opening which I am willing to mod if needed but the 7" / 8" screens should fit in there nicely. I know I will need to mold it in some how anyway but for now I just need help finding a screen that does the following.

+ Auto Power UP / down
    + Switches to REAR CAM when I hit reverse(composite)
    + Good Contrast ratio
    + Higher native res. 800-600+ / 800 - 480 +

gives you an idea of the space I have to work with

THANKS
    2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Even a 4 year old could wortk this out:

7" http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=39 (Xenarc)

8" http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...products_id=55 (Xenarc)

Also it is possible to add autopower on to the 7" and 8" lilliput screen. See here: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=lilliput+auto

However the 7" lilliput doesnt normally come with auto input on but the 8" might.

I suggest you a bit as it is always useful to know every little detail and issue with the hardware you buy. The general consensus though is that if you are buying a screen to take apart and mold in get a Xenarc if its a 7" due to build quality of the Xernarc brand but for 8" the lilliput is supposed to be pretty good too. Just make sure you get the 800x600 native one.

EDIT: I changed to auto input not auto on (see bold above)

Comment

I jusr looked at your dash and that power outlet would make a cool spot for a nice power or menu button. I would also use those other button blanks.

but i would not bank on you being able to fit that CD/DVD drive where you have it. Wou will probably find your HVAC controls are bigger than you think and i would not get a tray load.

Comment

Originally posted by mbkowns
        + Auto Power UP / down
        + Switches to REAR CAM when I hit reverse(composite)
        + Good Contrast ratio
        + Higher native res. 800-600+ / 800 - 480 +
        Sounds like you're looking for a Xenarc
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Oh and the LCD is bigger than you think (look int he stickies for dimensions) as there is a border around the screen and you will either need the buttons to be relocated or the remote control reciever to be relocated so you can fix any problems - eg the auto detect buttons is sometimes useful. Again searching will point out a lot of these things for you.

Comment

I just cropped that dvd player in becuase it was easier to see against the black vs a slot load of course thats what I would go with. I am thinking I can raise the screen up and the dvd drive below but I want the max screen size possible.

I am even considering the 10 inch I might have room for it but then no dvd drive... FOR SURE THEN lol but I have space way below the HVAC for that

I did search alot already but I am trying to think aloud a bit to figure out exactly what I want to do before I go and buy...

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

I thought for the most part with the buttons I could just use the remote?

I was playing on stripping it down to just the screen and the IR eye for controls to it.

xenarc / liliput is one better then the other for this?

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Go look at the pics of them taken apart and decide for yourself. All you need to do is remove the IR reciever. I think ones without a second button board (like the lilliput 7" has ) will probably be easier as it is another board to have to mount somewhere.

Comment

Working...
                X