Avd-w8000 Lcd screen..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avd-w8000 Lcd screen..

Hi all.. new here. I'm trying to figure out the exact dimensions of the pioneer avd-w8000 lcd screen. If anyone can give me the height/width/length of it that would be super. Also i wanted to know if I got a good deal out of it.. 255$ USD shipped. Thanks

Anyone?

Comment

Real men use VGA screens.
      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

Thats totally not what i wanted to know.. dont be an *** n please dont say anything dimwitted or please anwser my question. You could at least specify what a vga screen is n how it makes your balls look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludapower
          Thats totally not what i wanted to know.. dont be an *** n please dont say anything dimwitted or please anwser my question. You could at least specify what a vga screen is n how it makes your balls look bigger.
          Hmmm... I think you are asking for noob flaming. Get your *** ready.
          I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

How would i get flamed for that.. the guy gave me something completely off-topic for what i asked n i responded in my own manner. All im asking is what i posted in my first post.

Comment

Can anyone help me out please?

Comment

- 1st most/all of us here use screen that has VGA input.
                - 2nd, we are lazy to search for that screen. If you give the link to the spec, then we are able to findout exactly what that screen can/can't do.
                - 3rd, base on 1st and 2nd, you won't get that many answer cuz probably no one has experience with that screen.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

AVD-W8000

First of all specifications

WxHxD

222x134x35

pixels 336,960 (1440,234)

Second Price comparison.

http://www.streetprices.com/Electron.../SP564184.html

make your own mind up about price.

Third.

Asking questions which can easily be asked by searching, usually get unusal responses. At least look like you've tried to find out some information first. And slagging people off the way you did is not going to make you friends.

Now the first piece of information I've provided doesn't immediately come up on a web search, even from the pioneer site (may do if you dig deeper). I just happened to have one of their old catalogues to hand. Maybe you could download a PDF of the current catlaogue next time

The second piece was the third link of a google search for avd-w8000 which you should have done before asking the question.

However if you are going to use it to connect a PC to, and use anything other than just music and DVD's I would recommend you look to get one which has VGA inputs. This comes from experience as orginally I had a AVD-W6010 which was fine for video but GPS and using the computer was just impossible.

Comment

1. The thing is uggly.
                    2.It's composite so no good for Carputers (and we already flamed that punk that said tha composite better that VGA)

Specs here:
                    Wide-screen 8" TFT Active Matrix LCD Color Screen
                    Optional RGB Input for connection with AVIC-505 Navigation Unit only (CD-65RGB Interface Cable needed)
                    Two Sets of A/V Inputs with S-Video
                    Anti-Reflection (AR) Coating to Prevent Glare
                    Built-In Speaker with Volume Control
                    Display Brightness and Backlight Adjustment

And datasheet hre:
                    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn...252977,00.html

3.$255 shipped..... for a composite??.......Gea a lilli (ohh and I found it a $239 shipped)
                    Attached Files
                    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

239$ shipped? Give me a link of that and ill believe you.
                      Obviously i searched it on google and this site before making this thread. I only asked for the dimensions.. not the specs.. you had the specs in ur own catologue.. you expect me to magically know what the dimensions are? I dont have this catologue and never heard of it. I really dont know how its ugly and im only planning to use it for dvds n games. I dont need gps.. thats what maps are for.
                      thanks enforcer for giving me the dimensions.. your the only one that was of help from what i can tell.

Comment

So get a map then!

The link I don't have 'cause that was a quick search,and I'm no looking again for you...
                        The datasheet from pioneer side has the dimensions...
                        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Ludapower
                          239$ shipped? Give me a link of that and ill believe you.
                          Obviously i searched it on google and this site before making this thread. I only asked for the dimensions.. not the specs.. you had the specs in ur own catologue.. you expect me to magically know what the dimensions are? I dont have this catologue and never heard of it. I really dont know how its ugly and im only planning to use it for dvds n games. I dont need gps.. thats what maps are for.
                          thanks enforcer for giving me the dimensions.. your the only one that was of help from what i can tell.
                          Did you press enter when you were using google?
                          I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

-To put it very simply, don't buy a composite...

-Last guy that tried to prove every forum member wrong was flammed until the point that a mod had to close the thread, 20 pages in 3 hours...

-get whats the most popular and reliable around here, either a Xenarc or a Liliput 7." They're cheap, vga(very good visual quality.) Touch-screen, and you can do anything you want with it... You can buy some bondo for $8.00 and get some paint for $3.00 and mold it into your dash, or if your not yet brave enough too, you can just mount it on the mount's they come with. They're typically $379-$399. Hope that helps...

We were all stupid noobs at one point...

Comment

jus because im a new member doesnt make me a stupid noob. The pdf from the pioneer site doesnt have the dimensions. I'm planning to put it in the sunvisor though as im still not sure there be enough space to put it in my center console.. i own a '90 prelude.

Comment

Working...
                              X