Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Projecting through an LCD screen!

Projecting through an LCD screen.

I have been reading through the lumenlab.com forums (for those who don't know, it is a forum based around making your own projectors).

They mostly create their projects by stripping, say, a 15" LCD monitor, and using fresnal lenses and high power bulbs to shine powerful light through the LCD screen.

Could we possible shine (a smaller) light through a fresnal, then through an LCD screen to get better brightness (especially throughout the day?).

i'm guessing you didnt find this thread?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48909
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

Give Me Back My Avatar
      mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
      Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

Comment

Jamez_Warner (cloudy on digital-car.co.uk) is building one of these using a 7" lilliput IIRC.
        Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
        Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

Comment

Originally posted by cadence117
          Give Me Back My Avatar

肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

Wow, no, I hadn't seen that thread Thanks for the link though.

That is using LED's. But I was thinking just a regular high quality light bulb through a fresnal lens. Could turn out pretty good.

(Hate to have people think i'm someone else changing avatar)

Comment

No, actually we are not using LED's we are using CCFL tubes which is the same technology used to currently light the screens. Just the ones we are using are much brighter

The LED's are only going to be tested if the CCFL tubes dont work out.
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

Ahhh, fair enough. I've subscribed to your thread anyway. It will be great to see the results are they unfold.

Comment

I think all LCD projectors use 3 seperate panels and merge the output using a prizm. You probably can't get enough light through 1 to get it to project a decent image on a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity
                    I think all LCD projectors use 3 seperate panels and merge the output using a prizm. You probably can't get enough light through 1 to get it to project a decent image on a wall.
                    Ehmm...wrong! Not all. most. You can only imagine how much light you can get from this kind of setups! Try it if you like, you will have a working projector at the end. A high quality one as well!
                    Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
                    http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

Yes, that is true. The panels perform very well as a projector
                      肚子笑痛了
                      S60 Install

Comment

Well, I am in the market for a new projector, but it has to be at least 1280x720. They need to make really small panels that can do that or even 1920x1080 for cheap. Oh, and I want it right now.

Comment

Not to mention I think dlp is a single panel projection system thats similar although I don't know much about those.

Comment

I don't like the look of DLP. The pixels are X shaped, it's not full 16M colors, and they are in the shop a lot. It's little mirrors that are just on or off and a color wheel spins for each component of the RGB. D-ILA/LCOS looks a little better than LCD but they don't make projectors that use it yet.

Comment

Working...
                            X