Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be the solution for the glare problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could this be the solution for the glare problem?

I have a TView installed and everytime someone rides with me who wears bright-colored clothing, I couldn't read the entire screen. Since I never use the touchscreen anyways, I decided to remove the touchscreen pad (this thing lays on top of the LCD glass) It DID make the display cleaner and more detailed, but now it reflects everything like a mirror!

Then I found this on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

Has anyone tried this product? If not, I'll buy it and let's see what happens.
    CarPC Status: 0%[---]100%

Smashed 4" Lilliput
    66 Mhz Pentium Pro
    400MB Ultra 33 IDE HD
    EISA VGA card (16 colors)
    Windows 3.1

Originally posted by xtm
    I have a TView installed and everytime someone rides with me who wears bright-colored clothing, I couldn't read the entire screen. Since I never use the touchscreen anyways, I decided to remove the touchscreen pad (this thing lays on top of the LCD glass) It DID make the display cleaner and more detailed, but now it reflects everything like a mirror!

Then I found this on eBay:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WD1V

Has anyone tried this product? If not, I'll buy it and let's see what happens.

I dont see any reference as to what this product is and how is it applied,
    is it a spray or a film or are they selling lences?
    Thank you
    Testing Street Deck and Centrafuse on G4

Comment

I asked them about that stuff, and this is their reply... doesn't seem like it would work for our screens. Plus they may not even do it for the screen, it seems like you have to send them your lense or something, I didn't read that far.

Hi...The anti reflective coating is a multi layer coating that is applied in a vacuum chamber to elliminate 98% of reflections. It is not sprayed on. If the lenses are treated roughly and not cleaned properly then within time it can get scratched and either removed or re-applied.

Comment

Working...
      X