Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

700TSV - REAR VIEW CAMERA?? anyone have this monitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 700TSV - REAR VIEW CAMERA?? anyone have this monitor?

hey i have a lilliput (the NEW model right now) i want to sell it and get a xenarc cause i was told they will auto switch to a camera...

my question is this...
    if your using the VGA input at the time that you go into reverse, will the monitor still switch into the Rear Camera Mode or RCA input mode?

which one takes priority? or is there some kind of wire that tell is to switch?

im not liking how i cant find a way to make my lilliput switch into reverse camera mode by itself...

i have the NEWEST version of the lilliput, unless someone knows how to make it do it?

http://www.startech.com/ststore/item...=COMP2VGA&mt=Z

its basically a cheesebox... and its a LOT cheaper than a Xenarc
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by Netrave
      hey i have a lilliput (the NEW model right now) i want to sell it and get a xenarc cause i was told they will auto switch to a camera...
      I don't think they auto switch. In my experience if you have only the VGA cable hooked up with a signal going to it and the display is set to AV1, it will still stay on AV1 if there is a signal or not.

What the xenarc does is automatically turn on and off if there isn't a signal so if you have both a VGA and AV1 hooked up with signals and the display is set to AV1, when you kill just the AV1 signal, it will shut off, not switch to VGA.
      StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
      Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
      The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

you are correct it doesnt autoswitch... but if you wire up a SPDT relay to the switch... you can make it switch when you put your car in reverse...
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

First off, you should try searching as this question comes up a lot.
          Second, I'll answer your question about Xenarc cause I'm a nice guy.

XenarcTSV has 3 video inputs: VGA, AV1, AV2. (AV's are the RCA inputs)
          AV2 is the "autoswitch" input.
          Plug VGA into computer, Plug Reverse camera into AV2.
          Toggle auto-switch on for AV2 on Xenarc.
          If computer is on, and reverse camera is off, VGA shows (duh)
          If computer is on, and reverse camera is on, xenarc senses camera is on and switches to AV2.
          Basically Reverse Cam (AV2) > Computer (VGA)
          Once you turn off Reverse cam (AV2), Xenarc will return to last input it was at (usually Computer/VGA).

bonus: anything plugged into AV1 will require you to manually change (via source button).
          -GiZak-
          Carputer Project: 98% Complete!! *tweakin'*
          Xenarc 7TSV | Opus 150 | Biostar M7NCG400 | Athlon Mobile2200 | Seagate 160Gb | Kingston 2x256mb | BT Holux GR-231 GPS | LiteOn CD-R/DVD| Keyhole Rev. Cam | Zippy Mini-glow Keyboard

Comment

Thanks gizak.

Comment

I can also confirm that the xenarc's do auto switch on AV2
              "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

I just wired up my reverse cam to the AV2 input on my new Xenarc.

I don't have a VGA input because my carputer isn't installed as of yet so the Xenarc stays in "standby mode" with the green light flashing. When I put the car in reverse the Xenarc doesn't come on and show the AV2 input automatically!?!

The AV2 first is selected and if I turn the monitor on and have it sitting on any input it will then auto-switch to the AV2 input for me... but I need it to turn on the Xenarc when I put the car in reverse. Help please!

Comment

So how do you have the rear-view camera only on and sending a signal when the car is in reverse?
                  A car without turbo is a car with perpetual lag.

My Ride
                  My New Page

Comment

Working...
                  X