New ebay LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ebay LCD

Anyone tried these LCDs? They are new IMO. Can't find anything on mp3car.com

anyone?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...780397938&rd=1
    Red Prelude.

MP3 project done

NOT A NEWBIE.

Hi,

Those are one (among a lot of other brands) available to the Asian market. I don't have first hand information on the quality of this particular model but if it's anything similar to Innovatek VGA (available in North America and Canada - check google), they have a few minor "annoyances". Among these, but not limited to - is the the resolution size. I think you can only default to 840x480 and not 800x480 that most of us are all used to. While most Lilliput and Xenarcs are also assembled in Asia, a stricter set of quality standards are imposed on the Xenarcs and lillis since they are aimed for the north am market.

Please - no flames - I'm not saying that asian brands sux and I don't want to make a generalization - but for the most part, a lot of these asian clones are cheap quality and aimed at a different market. I went through 4 "no-name" brands before settling for a xenarc. btw - I'm asian
    Carputer revision !! (arghh - getting costlier than originally expected )
    Vehicle 1: P4-2.4/PM800-M2/512MB/160GB/WLan/dual battery/Xantrex400/700IDT
    Vehicle 2: AMD-XP2500/A7V400 MX/512/120GB//WLan/Xantrex400/700TS

Comment

Any supplier in Canada or BC ( I am in BC as well) that has good prices. I don't want to pay alot for the LCD at the moment.

Thanks
      Red Prelude.

MP3 project done

NOT A NEWBIE.

Comment

I have looked at those monitors as well, but I have always been a little in the dark when it comes to having to pay custom taxes.
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

Why is there so little info on these Ebay LCDs??? They're a fraction of the price and they look almost identical to the more expensive brand name ones in my noob opinion.

Comment

i'll give a full review once i receive it tomorrow
            [||||||||||||||||||||] - final touches
            SUPER 7" VGA w/ TS
            Toshiba Satellite 3000
            P3 850
            256MB
            30GB
            Geforce2 Go
            DVD
            Orinoco 802.11b PCMCIA
            nlite WinXP 350MB installed
            RoadRunner
            iGuidance 2.1
            Holux GM210 GPS
            Xantrex Xpower 300

Comment

Originally posted by binary.h4x
              I have looked at those monitors as well, but I have always been a little in the dark when it comes to having to pay custom taxes.
              Auction says "**Guaranteed No Customs Duty for US buyer**"
              -------------------------
              carputer: in progress
              Laptop install

Comment

Originally posted by anitanium
                i'll give a full review once i receive it tomorrow
                It's tomorrow!

Comment

HI y'all
                  just got it in the mail
                  NO CUSTOMS for canada folk
                  they use DHL worldwide express

it isn't an AVATAR brand, but "SUPER" brand

comes with everything in the picture

i'm going to hook it up right now!

so psyched
                  Attached Files
                  SUPER 7" VGA w/ TS
                  Toshiba Satellite 3000
                  P3 850
                  256MB
                  30GB
                  Geforce2 Go
                  DVD
                  Orinoco 802.11b PCMCIA
                  RoadRunner
                  iGuidance 2.1
                  Holux GM210 GPS
                  Xantrex Xpower 300

Comment

those foreign manufacturers really should pick brand names and stay with them... instead of just picking a random word off a list of english "buzz words" every time they make a new batch

at least with lilliput and xenarc, you know who made it... "avatar" and "super" aren't nearly as useful...

they do pretty good at making some complex electronics, and then they put them in a cheap case with a cheesy brand name and cheesy packaging...
                    But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
                    Originally posted by Viscouse
                    I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
                    eegeek.net

Comment

Hey so wheres that review? Don't worry about anything fancy shmancy right now. Just first thoughts etc. would be nice!!!

Comment

Yea, let us know!
                        2000 Sunfire build 100%, or is it ever really 100%?

Comment

Okay
                          first thoughts

i don't have my digital camera right now, but i'll post up some sample pics soon

as this is my first screen, i can't compare it to any of the lilliput or xenarc screens. my initial impressions are that it is of good quality.

one minor inconvenience is that is only comes with cigarette lighter adapter for the car. no AC adapter, so all testing had to be done in the car. On the box it said it comes with AC adapter, but i guess i'll have to go to my local radio shack to pick one up. The unit uses 8W @ 2.2A @ ~12V.

it tooks a while to get used to turning the unit on. it isn't a simple "push", you have to hold the power button for a few seconds. The only thing telling you that the screen is on is either a "No-Signal" box, or if you push the PC/AV button to switch between modes, you'll see which mode you are in at the top left of the screen.

there are 3 basic modes, S-video, RGB (VGA) and CVBS (i think component video). the menu system is simple to navigate. the instruction manual is written in standard broken english that will make you laugh, and doesn't really help at all.

video quality (IMO) is excellent. it took me forever to try all types of resolutions. from the menu, it seemed like it only takes 640x400 or 720x400. this isn't true. I read the manual and found that it can accept 640x480,800x600,1024x768 and 720x400. I can't remember which ones i tried that worked decently, but there is an option to reposition the screen if one resoution is too wide. Right now i'm running 640x480 which gives me the clearest quality. 800x600 requires scaling and looks a bit blurry. It wouldn't accept 800x480. Might be my video card (geforce2 go), but likely the screen. Many times it has give me "signal out of range". I'll fool around with other resolutions later.

Touchscreen took a while to configure because i installed the drivers in the wrong order. I did a simple search and found that the lilliput installation is the correct way. Download the latest drivers from http://www.egalax.com.tw/support-drivers.htm and it should work okay. I haven't had a chance to calibrate it since i wasn't in the car, but the touch screen does work. (Touchscreen works even if screen is off)

One issue i had was that the screen went all white. I searched and found that it was just that the controller cable was loose. I took apart the unit (which was very easy) and reconnected the cable and all was fine. Other issues involve my laptop, not the screen itself, like if my laptop monitor turns off, the screen will turn off too. and i'm not sure how i can set it so that the screen only turns on, not my laptop monitor.

I'll provide better pictures of the unit in action later on.

oh, and the shipment comes in by DHL worldwide. I'm very happy with their service. It came extremely fast from hong kong, wrapped nicely, and says "fragile" on the shipment. Excellent.
                          SUPER 7" VGA w/ TS
                          Toshiba Satellite 3000
                          P3 850
                          256MB
                          30GB
                          Geforce2 Go
                          DVD
                          Orinoco 802.11b PCMCIA
                          RoadRunner
                          iGuidance 2.1
                          Holux GM210 GPS
                          Xantrex Xpower 300

Comment

Can you confirm that your laptop was outputting 800x480 and the screen didnt like it? That will most likely blow it for me, I am looking for a cheapo (not necessarily touch) screen for my rear seats...
                            Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                            Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

i can't confirm if the SCREEN didn't like it
                              it might have been fine, just didn't look that great (too wide, had to scale it down)

but i can confirm the laptop was outputting it, since i tested it with a regular CRT monitor, and my laptop screen were at 800x480.
                              SUPER 7" VGA w/ TS
                              Toshiba Satellite 3000
                              P3 850
                              256MB
                              30GB
                              Geforce2 Go
                              DVD
                              Orinoco 802.11b PCMCIA
                              RoadRunner
                              iGuidance 2.1