lcd screen - HELP!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd screen - HELP!

Okay, heres the problem. I was passed down a tft screen and and cables that came with it. No instructions manual or any details like that.

here's the lcd screen itself with the s-video connector at the bottom.

heres the cable that came with it.

The actualy problem that im having is, how do I connect it so that I have video input?

Someone said to me that plug the s-video connector to the back of a graphics card. If I do this then there is no power to the lcd screen because the power goes through the s-video cable.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

richlee

Are you sure the one you labeled 'power' is the power connector - maybe that's your video?
    What about the red and black wires - I'd figure those to be the power and grnd?

It sounds ridiculous, but have you tried it with just the s-video cable plugged in? What about a y-adapter from the tft to get both the adapter and the s-video capabilities?

Where did you get this display? I didn't find much of anything about it on Google...

- Jeff

Edit:Maybe those red and black were once to the yellow connector?
    95 Mustang GT Convertible
    87 Mustang GT Convertible
    My Project | Let's Go Mets! | SCT Tuners

Project Status [===#===] [Bezel and dash creation]

Comment

Yes im 100% sure that the cable i labelled power is the power cable because theres a transformer that came with it that plugs into the "power" connector.

Still have no idea what the stripped red/black wires are, i would have thought they would be power too.

Ive asked a few people the same questions stated in my first post. If I directly plug the s-video into a graphics card then no power can power the lcd screen.

The display was given to my bro, and now he's gave it to me. I couldn't find anything on google either.

Edit:Maybe those red and black were once to the yellow connector?
      I have no idea. What you see, is what I was given.

Comment

Could they be connected to the handbrake to detect whether handbrake on or not??

Comment

Is that sarcasm or a genuine theory? Because it makes sense, but on the other hand.

From now on, sarcasm is not permitted I really want to get the tft screen hooked up in my car.

Comment

okay never mind, I have got it working.

Comment

Originally posted by richielee14
              okay never mind, I have got it working.
              Ok...how did you end up hooking it up?
              I ask because someone may go looking for how to hook up a Fulipu tft lcd using the search function and not be able to find it.

- Jeff

Comment

yeah how did u get it working??

Comment

well in the end, all my labels were correct except the red/white connectors. the display had mono sound, so therefore there would only be 1 cable for the sound. So I just played around with the plugs and found out that the white connector was the speaker input and the red was the video input. I don't know why the connectors were wrongly coloured, but I guess it's cheaply built.

The bare red/black wires are to hook it up to the car.

Thats about it. Quality isnt too great, but it will do for a mp3 display for the car. Just need to figure out whether to build a pc in the car, or just get a laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by richielee14
                    well in the end, all my labels were correct except the red/white connectors. the display had mono sound, so therefore there would only be 1 cable for the sound. So I just played around with the plugs and found out that the white connector was the speaker input and the red was the video input. I don't know why the connectors were wrongly coloured, but I guess it's cheaply built.

The bare red/black wires are to hook it up to the car.

Thats about it. Quality isnt too great, but it will do for a mp3 display for the car. Just need to figure out whether to build a pc in the car, or just get a laptop.
                    Thanks for the reply - Yeah, VGA displays work better for these applications. You'll have to find a laptop with TV out... It'll be a tad blurry for text and stuff.

- Jeff

Comment

hmm ive got one question. i hooked up the lcd to a normal dvd player in my house and it worked fine. I then tried to hook it up to my playstation 2 but there was no colour. I plugged it in exactly the same as I did for the dvd player. I also played around with the video settings on the playstation 2, but no luck.

anyone got any idas?

- rich
                      econnectu.co.uk

Comment

Is it only the playstation? Have you tried the DVD again after hooking it up to the playstation? What about another video device like a video camera?

- Jeff

Comment

Working...
                        X