Independent screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Independent screens

Is it possible to have 3 touch screens on one carpc, but get this, all 3 screens have independent functioning. I want to put headrest monitors and have them be able to independantly watch a dvd or gps, or whatever....and have a DVD drive mounted inside of the door, w/ a audio jack comming out...is that possible, or should i just make all 3 monitors display the same thing ?

It's definitely possible, but there will be some things that will pose problems... Ie, you won't be able to have more than one screen playing a DVD at a time. It'd pretty much work just like multi-monitors on a desktop does, only one window would be able to have focus at a time still and everything. So two people couldn't be inputing information at the same time.
    Zen Fat Loss

Comment

hmm, Interesting, I doubt that many people will be in my car at a time unless we're going on a road trip...for now i think i'll just work on the one in the dash....then i can upgrade later, buy monitors and video cards, etc.

Comment

this would be also great for having multiple screens in the dash. one running a music visualization (spectrum analyzer, etc.) and another for windows, google, digital gauges, scantool, etc...

anyone done something like this?

Comment

Yes, Multiple touchscreens are possible. I saw someone here running two lilliputs each with a seperate ts. Im planning to this by the end of the summer. One for GPS, and the other for mp3s, dvds etc

Comment

I am very interested in trying this out as I would like to be able to give my little boy a screen in the back to watch movies etc. Multiple touchscreens and different viewing on each screen is a must, but I don't think it's a problem that only one screen could have focus at any one time.

I'm going on ebay right now to see the latest prices on touchscreens...
            FociMan

Ford Focus Collection
            EPIA M10K / 512Kb / Creative Audigy NX USB
            8" touchscreen
            D-Link USB Radio
            USB GPS Mouse
            Bluetooth GPRS Web Connection
            Centrafuse Beta2 / MapMonkey

Comment

2 touchscreens is fine. absolutely no problem with focus.

I am planning on 2 screens eventualy but the second wont have a TS on it to make it nice and clear.

Comment

Working...
              X