Xenarc on/off issues sometimes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc on/off issues sometimes

I posted a month or more ago about my Xenarc 800TSV that sometimes will blink off (just the video image) for what seemed no apparent reason. I figure it was the cigarette lighter wasn't constantly supplying the correct voltage, so i ran the power directly off my Opus 150w off the 12v rail. Tested with a multimeter at 12.5v
    Set desktop to 75hz 800x600 off the onboard video and ran for a couple weeks with no problem whatsoever. Now, it's back to it's old tricks where I will be driving along for 30 minutes and the video just blanks out. The music is still playing and even the touchscreen is still responsive to touch, all the lights are still lit too on the screen. Sometimes it will stay off for 20 minutes than the video will pop back in. Im really puzzled as to why this is happening. In the past when it first started doing this, I figure I would change screen resolution from 65hz (at the time) to 70....than 72...than 75. I don't think the refresh rate is affecting this problem, and I also don't think it's a power issue now that I have verified that a constant 12.49 - 12.5 volts are going to it.
    Battery is about 6 months old, never any problem. Gauge reads ~ 14 volts at dash.

Someone throw me a bone here! What can I be missing?!?!

Setup:
    ASUS A7N8X-VM400
    AMD Mobile 2400+ 35w
    512mb mem. 120gb WD drive
    DLink wireless card with 7db attenae roofmounted
    Microsoft Streets and Trips GPS
    Sony DVDRW drive
    Opus 150w
    Audio ran through Alpine HU and into 2 amps/2 12" Audiobahn subs in 5cuft. box
    '96 Jeep Cherokee 4dr

No saying that this is what is happening to you but I got almost the same problem.The image goes blank for some time and then comes back.
    What I found was that the screen was overhiting due all the crap that is behind of it.
    I put 2 low profile 40mm fans and I haven't seen the problem anymore.
    Sometimes we think is a powe related and we overview the simple things that can also happend.

Hope you fix the problem.
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

The screen is coming off the dash (just below the HU) 90 degrees on a 3" mount. Plenty of air circulating behind it. Even when it's 65 degrees out and im driving around with my windows down, it'll still shut off sometimes. Did it again tonight. I started my car, and the monitor turns on (lights and all) but no backlight or image. I hear Windows start then after about 10 minutes it kicked on. I didnt move the vehicle or anything. Even when I reboot the machine, it'll just do that same thing, so that has no affect on it. It's just weird because it'll be fine for days then it'll act up.

Comment

Take the screen inside an connect it to you desktop pc...narrow the problem to screen or video card and then work from there.

It may be a failing LCD or or a lose cable inside.
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Will opening the screen void the manufacturer's warranty? How long is Xenarc's warranty?

Comment

Working...
          X