How to make LCD's Auto On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make LCD's Auto On

I have 2 headrest screens, which you need to press the power button each time to turn them on after turning the ignition on.

Is there anyway i can modify this to make it auto on?

Thanks

Originally posted by monstermobile
    I have 2 headrest screens, which you need to press the power button each time to turn them on after turning the ignition on.

Is there anyway i can modify this to make it auto on?

Thanks
    On some screens, there is an option in the menus to have them turn on when power is applied.

Comment

The Lilliput's can be modded to do this by adding a resistor, I think. Check the FAQ in the display forum "Everything you need to know about your Lilliput". It is referred to as the Coyote mod.
      Originally posted by ghettocruzer
      I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
      Want to:
      -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
      -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

On many screens you can simply short the contacts under the power button. When power is applied to the screen, it thinks the button is pressed and turned on. Test it first, before doing any soldering....
        www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

Does anyone know of any new models that turn themselves on without any modifications?

I dont have a screen yet and would like to get one that I dont have to modify that much.

Also the buttons on the Xenarc can they be relocated?

Im planning to install my screen in a Double DIN space.
          This gives me a maximum of 115(H) by 190(L).
          I was hoping to make it removable so everything has to fit within that space.

LCD: 108mm X 171mm
          PCB: 120mm X 118mm

This means the PCB is too high!

Anyone know the internal dimensions of the LinITX LCD and PCB? Its not mentioned on the sticky I think.

Comment

I'm not sure but I thought that the auto power problem of the lilli was fix without opening the housing....

This guy post the program gide for the lilli put a while back (depends in the model # I think)

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...8&page=1&pp=15

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...liput+language

Hope it helps.

Thanatos
            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by RMIM
              Does anyone know of any new models that turn themselves on without any modifications?

I dont have a screen yet and would like to get one that I dont have to modify that much.

Also the buttons on the Xenarc can they be relocated?

Im planning to install my screen in a Double DIN space.
              This gives me a maximum of 115(H) by 190(L).
              I was hoping to make it removable so everything has to fit within that space.

LCD: 108mm X 171mm
              PCB: 120mm X 118mm

This means the PCB is too high!

Anyone know the internal dimensions of the LinITX LCD and PCB? Its not mentioned on the sticky I think.
              1.Take a look to my post above
              2.It can be done
              3.visit teh FAQ emporium or the "all you need to know about you xenarc/linitx screen" in the lcd forum.

Thanatos

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
                I'm not sure but I thought that the auto power problem of the lilli was fix without opening the housing....

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...8&page=1&pp=15

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...liput+language

Thanks for the reply.

I have done some reading - and all I have read are bad things about liliputs.
                I cant buy something if the touch screen is going to fail etc.

Have I been reading old post? Are there new models of liliput with some of the faults fixed?

Comment

There's seems to be general agreement that the newer Lilliputs are better in quality, although I can't speak from experience. I have a Xenarc.
                  Originally posted by ghettocruzer
                  I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
                  Want to:
                  -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
                  -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I got a xenarc but the people around the forum are saying the the new model #629 have improvements. it you want to know better about this babys as Antimatter he is a proud owner of 3.

Thanatos

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
                      I got a xenarc but the people around the forum are saying the the new model #629 have improvements. it you want to know better about this babys as Antimatter he is a proud owner of 3.

Thanatos
                      But even with the improvements - its not better than the Xenarc or LinITX?

Comment

Working...
                      X