Pink smears on Planar 8.4 LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pink smears on Planar 8.4 LCD

I've got a nice LCD screen but now that I've powered it up it looks like someone smeared pink all over parts of the screen. If I move my head to the left or right of the screen it isn't noticeable at all. But once I center my head so I am looking at the LCD straight on it's got some nasty looking pink to it. Has anyone else ever heard of this? I am wondering if something got screwy when I had to take it apart to mount the LCD bezel and do my bondo work. I tried some mild cleaner and just a damp cloth but it looks the same.
    5% Complete
    Dash Fabrication complete

Is it a planar daylight readable screen?, i noticed they do some nice high brightness screens.

Sounds like the pink smear is possibly an anti-glare coating, have you cleaned the screen down with anything that might have reacted with it ?

Comment

I had the same experience recently with a regular desktop display - it's a 15" 3M touchscreen (for a home automation project). It started happening very late at night so I thought my eyes were playing tricks because of lack of sleep. But it was back the next day. I'm still looking for the cause. FYI, I haven't pulled it apart so chances are you haven't caused the problem either. Will post back if I have any more info.

Comment

Working...
      X