Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to modify Rear/Side mirrors for LCD display?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify Rear/Side mirrors for LCD display?

I saw a guide on how to add a LCD display to your side or rear view mirrors, but I can't locate it anymore :/ Could someone give me information on how to do this? As I recall, they put the LCD screen behind the mirror...

One way glass, Like they use for line-ups...LoL, Put light behind it and you can see through it.
    2003 100th harley F-150
    PCChips C3 VIA/eden, M1 ATX smart car.
    Here is my project so far: My 100TH Harley-Puter
    Ride safe

Buy my stuff: Stuff

Comment

Would you hapen to have a link to a guide?

Comment

I would think, Just get the glass cut to the right size and put a monitor behind it, Should be simple enough. I did find a link to make one way glass.

Formula for One-Way Window Glass

I am going to have to try this it's your friend.
        2003 100th harley F-150
        Ride safe

Comment

I think I might try that on the back side of a touch screen? Should work, RIght??????? LoL
          2003 100th harley F-150
          Ride safe

Comment

I searched the site using google and didn't see any relevant topics. On another search I found the info I needed:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...display+mirror
            Making a "window" in your mirror is a realatively easy process. Once you have your mirror glass removed and in hand you will want to use a small razor to scrape away the heavey "painted" backing (usually black or gray). This will expose the back side of the reflected "silver" surface. This reflective material can be removed with a pencil eraser. Note that anywhere you scratch away the backing "paint" your eraser strokes will remove the silver finish and make a "hole" in the reflective surface. work slow with your razor for a perfect edge and work even slower with your eraser and you will have a great finish. I typically use an electric eraser (drafting type) and a gritty ink eraser stick to work more quickly at removing larger areas. Hope this helps! post pics of your process!

Comment

Yeah, but then you lose the functionality of the mirror where ever you scrath off the backing. if you used one way glass, When the monitor was off it would look like a mirror? I don't know if it will work, A monitor might not be bright enough behind one, But I want to see, I'll let you know.
              2003 100th harley F-150
              Ride safe

Comment

I never said a monitor, I said a display. You know, those 2 line ones? Display speed, MPG, temp, etc. 3" wide and maybe 1" tall.

Comment

So I'm thinking a little bigger:-"
                  2003 100th harley F-150
                  Ride safe

Comment

Working...
                  X