Extended flat flexible cable (FFC) on Xenarc/Gain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extended flat flexible cable (FFC) on Xenarc/Gain

I need to replace the current FFC in my Xenarc 700TSV with a longer one. This is the cable that runs between the controller board and the LCD. I need this extra length because I'm locating the controller board further away from my LCD in the car dash.

I noticed that digitalww sells a long version of the Lilliput equivalent cable. I just wonder if anyone can confirm if the connector arrangement of this cable is the same as the one used in the Xenarc. From what I can gather, the Xenarc cable is 165mm long, is 40-way and uses a pitch of 0.5mm.

Thanks,
    James

Does your cable have the connectors on the same side, or oppisite sides?

Most xenarc screens use the oppisite side connectors which will not work with the lilliput cables as they are same side.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

yep just checked and you're absolutely right, the Xenarc cable has connectors on the opposite sides of the FFC. Looking at it though it looks like the blue insulator strip is just bonded to one side of the exposed conductors. I wonder if it'd be possible to (with a knife) carefully cut off the insulator from one side and re bond it to the other, thus converting the cable?

Other than that, does anyone know if the Lilliput FFC is 40way with 0.5mm pitch? I'm quite desperate you see.

James

Comment

other than the opposite sides the cables are identical
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

Working...
        X