Getting rid of the display's OSD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of the display's OSD?

The "800x480" or whatever resolution you are running that pops up on the Xenarc's OSD as the system is booting is annoying and detracts from the OEM look that I am trying to achieve.

Is it possible to get rid of it? I do not see a setting in the Xenarc's menu to do so...

Ideas?

You might give xenarc a call and see if they can do something like that, but i've never heard of anyone doing a mod like that on their own.
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

I would venture to guess it is not possible. Bother the heck out of me too. Might be possible through a ROm/FLASH upgrade, but that would be highly unlikely!
      2002 Honda CR-V
      Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
      Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
      ...or even Listen to my music

Comment

I would like to get rid of the "AV2 Valid" message that appears similar to the resolution as you described.

I plan on using my aux video for my backup cam...as soon as the screen gets a signal, it can be set to switch to this input; hoever, there is not a way in the settings to make this message disappear. The only way to not get the message is to manually change the input, which defeats my whole purpose...
        CarPC #3: 99% Complete
        Pentium M 1.7Ghz, 1GB DDR2 RAM
        DVD/CD-RW installed in dash below monitor
        OEM LCD relocated for 7" Touchscreen
        Wi-Fi, GPS, PS2 controllers...
        500+ full albums
        4,000+ video games
        music videos, movies, & more!
        old carPC

Comment

ha ... i get a message saying "Debug Mode" when I'm booting. Eventually it settles down to 1024x768 @ 63Hz ....weird.
          Check out my SQ Competition carputer install

Comment

Originally posted by ITL
            I would like to get rid of the "AV2 Valid" message that appears similar to the resolution as you described.

I plan on using my aux video for my backup cam...as soon as the screen gets a signal, it can be set to switch to this input; hoever, there is not a way in the settings to make this message disappear. The only way to not get the message is to manually change the input, which defeats my whole purpose...
            Ugh that blows...backup cam is on my list. That sux that I will have to see a big "AV2 Valid" message

Maybe we should petition Xenarc to allow a setting in the menu to disable the OSD

Comment

well.....when we have backlight mod up and running you can just delay your backlight until the PC is booted if you wish. You wont be able to see **** without the backlight!

Comment

That's a good idea scouse.. However I wouldn't be able to see my backup cam either then, which I would need typically immediately upon starting the car.

PS: Did you get the parcel I sent you yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackboot
                  That's a good idea scouse.. However I wouldn't be able to see my backup cam either then, which I would need typically immediately upon starting the car.

PS: Did you get the parcel I sent you yet?
                  Parcel no - I was worried about that today! What did yu send it?

As for the reverse camera - no worries got that sorted- have a parallel switch for the backlight power that is activated by your reverse lights - just like the reverse cam power. That will switch the backlight on whenever you have the reverse cam on.You could build a simple delay circuit to this parrallel backlight power circuit so that it gives the screen time to adjust to the camera.

It's all easy when you think about it!

Alternatively......if you wanted to be real clever you could just build the PC delay and reverse cam switching (with small delay) into the dimming controller circuit. That would be more elegant and probably better for the tubes.

EDIT: just to clarify....when the PC is not booted the backlight is dim. When the reverse cam is on it waits a second or two and then brightens up to the set level (level set by manual or autodimming control)

Jerry, the PIC code and the dimming controller just got more complicated but hey it makes it better than those Planar screens (who must have coppied us)

Comment

Hey you know me, I love complicated
                    肚子笑痛了
                    S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                      Parcel no - I was worried about that today! What did yu send it?
                      Hrm...they said it would take about 7-10 business days if I'm not mistaken - and I sent it...about 7-10 business days ago It should show up any day now I imagine...

Although I just got a package from the UK and it took about a month and a half to get here - not sure why - it was supposed to be 7-10 business days. Maybe customs is having problems???

Comment

yeah Jerry sent half of the backliht tubes to me about 2 months ago and they are not here! :s

Comment

I think he got them and just doesnt want to tell me
                          肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

Working...
                          X