good lcd cleaner?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good lcd cleaner?

any touchscreen lcd is doomed to get fingerprints all over it - what lcd cleaner do yall use?
    carputer - done.

I use one of those lint free clothes that is made to clean your sunglasses. It came with my Oakley sunglasses when I bought them, but I'm sure you can pick them up everywhere for a decent price...works like a charm
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_...roducts_id=127

you could try that stuff.
      But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
      Originally posted by Viscouse
      I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
      eegeek.net

Comment

This is most important.Make sure you use a Micro Fiber towel, 100%cotton you can get them at any auto place that sells detailing supplies.

I use that kind of towel and windex, not no-name stuff actual Windex. Crapped my pants the first time I did it and used a paper towel and no-name glass cleaner. The screen was foggy and looked like I scratched it from the paper towel. Ran out got a Micro Fiber towel and REAL Windex as suggested on these boards and re-did it, it was not scratches, only streaks (thank god).

Takes 2 seconds to clean and looks good, the screen looks like new everytime I do it.
        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

two years later...how has the screen held up using Windex everytime? A friend's laptop starting looking funky so I've been afraid to use anything beyond my Oakley case.

Comment

Don't use windex, it'll eventually damage any coating on the screen, and possibly the screen itself. Just use a microfiber and if it's really dirty, a mix of high purity alcohol and distilled water.

Comment

I've had really good luck with those pledge wipes for electronics....they won't harm the coatings, and so long as you're using a new wipe, they won't leave particulates behind. They come in a blue plastic pouch. The last time I was at a meet, I cleaned the screen with them, and even in the direct sunlight of the park we were at, a guy asked me if it was one of those transreflective screens. It isn't (Xenarc), but having a clean screen makes a lot of difference (although doesn't improve inherent characteristics of the screen, just allows it to be at its best.)
              I have too much time and too little aggravation in my life, so I built a carPC. ;)

Comment

Working...
              X