Gameboy LCD display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gameboy LCD display

Hello, Im new to this site, and the whole MP3car idea, I have been browsing around the net for a while, but most of the lcd displays I can find in the UK, are really quite expensive. I have an old gameboy, and was wondering if it would be possible to use this as a display. Would I have to make a controller, and if so would this be very difficult. If anyone has made one before or have ANY ideas at all, please reply. Also I need a psu, but can't seem to find any dc-dc AT power supplies in the UK. Again, if you have any suppliers please reply!
    SensitivePsycho

Didn't MPXPLAY have an option to use a Gameboy as the LCD? Or was that something else? I cant remember...
    1983 BMW 733i
    Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
    Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

try this site out mate ;-)) there should be links to others. http://fms.komkon.org/GameBoy/Tech/Hardware.html

should be able to use it as a front end controll as well ;-)))
      Volvo V40 Phase 2 2002. T4 turbo upgrade.... currently no mp3 or carputer..... researching options

Comment

Take a look here: http://avatardev.sysnom.com/gbspecs.shtml
        Maybe you find here something.
        peter3
        ps If you get one working can you let me know?
        pwvanderveen at hotmail.com
        PETER - THE NETHERLANDS - DEVENTER
        sproggy 2.8,epia c3-800,20Gb 2.5", 5.6"lcd,touchscreen.

Comment

Thanx for the help so far guys, About this Mpxplay thing, that sounds interesting, If any1 is running this, or knows more please tell me. I've looked around and downloaded the gameboy version of mpxplay, but it doesnt tell me nething. Hopefuly avatar development will go further with the project.
          SensitivePsycho

Comment

Working...
          X