Contrast problem with TFT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contrast problem with TFT

I have this 5.6" screen: http://www.globalsources.com/General...oduct_id=88188 98036&action=GetProduct&action=GetPoint&point_id=3 000000152933

and the following problem...
    It's contrast is not too high and I have a really hard time reading the screen in daylight - it's even harder when sun comes through the car's window (it's perfect at night though). I don't think it's a brightness issue, cause when it turn up the external brightness adjustment pot the picture becomes much brighter but even harder to read (it becames almost white all the way up) - that's why I have this pot turned all the way down.
    The screen does not have any external contrast adjustments (only color and brightness), so is there any chance that I 'll find a pot for contrast inside of it? Change the value of some resistor? Solder a pot in it's place? Stick some kind of polarizing film on the screen to minimize reflexions?
    Please, don't tell me to tint my car's windows!

Thank you for your help,
    Dimitris

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Dimitris1976 ]

So nobody can suggest something...

Comment

i Belive that other people on the board has tintet the tft, might be worth a try.

I imagine that the tint will take away some of the brightness and "improve" the contrast.

As for an electric modification i haven't got a clue ..

Comment

Working...
      X