No announcement yet.

Seiko 4024 blocks on first and third

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seiko 4024 blocks on first and third

Okay, I know this has been posted a few times but here's the situation.
    Got a 4024 (Same as 4034 for pinouts), connected it all up (double confirming everything) all I get is blocks on the first and third lines. LCD print does not even see that it's connected.
    So what's the plan, where did I go wrong. I used Nathans revised pinouts and was about as paranoid as I could get with getting it right! Any ideas?
    Thanks Tons.
    Also the lcd get's quite after I've tried either lcdprint or another winamp plugin?
    Thanks in advance, you guys are great!

When the display gets powered the 1st and the 3rd line are black blocks.. that should be okay.. each one does that.. The display waits for the first command to show on the display..

If you are absolutely sure about your wiring, you may have to check your parallel-port setup in the BIOS, it should be something like EPP or SPP.

Make sure you specify the right adres with lcdprint. If you don't, the display doesn't show anything.

If you have done all this, and nothing works, I think the display is broken, but since it displays 2 lines of block when you power it that won't be the problem (I think)

Hope this helps you out, and let us know !
    Raas - The Netherlands
    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

u have to change your parrallel port to ECP mode, or is that only for lorties plugin?

You also need to be running win 98 or 95, it won't work in win2000 or NT.

I'm not sure about ME or XP, though.