Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1x 40 backlit LCD??

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there is such a thing and if so where I could find one. The height is an issue here, since I intend to use this LCD as a backup for my TFT when it's folded in the dash, so a LCD which height is about the thickness of my TFT, say a bout 1cm or 0,5 inch...

cheers!
    If at first you don't succeed.........
    destroy all evidence you tried

for info on t6369c LCD or Presslab's powersupply check:
    http://www.namms.tk <=updated!!

Hi Marsjell

Wow.. now that's gonna be a small display..
    Don't you have any casing around the tft ? I guess it would be a bit thicker when you've got some casing around it..
    Anyway.. them smallest display I found at eio was 30mm wide (2x40) so I guess this is too wide for you...

However Densitron LCD have got 1x40 lcd's (LM4131) but they're 33mm wide.

But it sure is an nice idea !
    Keep us informed !

Greetz
    Raas - The Netherlands
    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

The casing it what makes it +/- 16mm the TFT is only 8mm, I'm using 2,5mm plexiglas(is this english? ) for the "front" and 4mm for the back. I wanted it all to be as compact as possible... thanks for the link BTW, I looked at a couple of LCD's and I noticed that the case for each LCD makes the outside dimensions about double the viewing height, isn't there a manufacturer who puts the electronics behind the LCD instead of above and below it? I don't care about the thickness of the LCD....
      If at first you don't succeed.........
      destroy all evidence you tried

for info on t6369c LCD or Presslab's powersupply check:
      http://www.namms.tk <=updated!!

Comment

Timeline has some 1 character high LCDs (both 16 X 1 and 40 X 1) but they don't list dimensions on their site. Might be worthwhile to give them a call.

Comment

Working...
        X