LCD to PS2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD to PS2

I robbed a little LCD screen from an old laptop..

There are 2 sets of cables comming from the screen.

1 set has two cables, one is white, the other is pink. they hook into what looks like a downsized version of a molex cable (computers).it plugs into a chip that was mounted in the casing around the LCD. then another caple group with about twenty wires that plugged into the laptop motherboard.

from the chip that was mounted beside the LCD. has 3 wires running into a larger connector with about 20 more wires... this connector plugged to the laptop, and the twenty wires are run inbetween that connector and another conector which also plugged into the laptop..

With this description, can one of you tell me if I could wire this in with a PS2?

I'll take a picture sometime soon if I get the chance... if that description doesn't do it...

and if it matters, the sticker on the back of the LCD says:

HYUNDAI
    HS12S11
    then a barcode
    93B98483013094922

and above the twenty wires that come from the LCD itself and plug into the laptop, it says (12.1TFT)

Thanks,
    Jabird
    | | | | | | | | | | | |
    Planning/Theory Stage

You can't from what i understand, you need the LCD controller module off the motherboard

edit:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq....3car_faq_lcd_a
    I'mmmmmm a n00b.... feel free to make fun

Comment

I still have the laptop... but it would be possible with PS2/that LCD if I had the controller?
      | | | | | | | | | | | |
      Planning/Theory Stage

Comment

nope. cant do it. every laptop screen has a proprietary controller SOLDERED into the motherboard, it's a shame too, because i have a few old laptops that i could put to good use.

sorry.

Comment

Well that sucks . I work at a computer store, so I have a TON of old laptops I could use

Ah well, I'll start shopping for one...

got any suggestions, on something I can hook up to a playstation? You see stuff like that all the time on shows like "Pimp my Ride" and "Monster Garage". So there's bound to be something reasonably cheap?

Thanks,
          Jabird
          | | | | | | | | | | | |
          Planning/Theory Stage

Comment

Working...
          X