lcd resolution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lcd resolution

I jus got my 5" lcd from partsexpress and plugged into the back of a dell laptop. Works fine but at a bad resolution that only fills up a small part of the screen. There is about 1/4" of dead space on all 4 sides of the active space. How can i fix this. The screen res in shipping docs. says its 960x234. Im running it out of a laptop thats running win200 at this point in time.
    Scott

If it has only composite input, then the resolution will be low. Same thing happened when I got my 5.6" Active TFT. Compare to VGA, these screens will have much lower resolution. I am not sure if there's really really nice screen with high resolution.( I guess it would cost ALOT) So, instead of video-out->screen setup, you might want to go with VGA setup. I am not expert at this, but as I browse through this forum, one thing I noticed was......go with VGA!!!(it costs more, but worth it.)
    If your primary goal is to see movies, then non-VGA is okay...even though it's illegal to see movie from driverside while driving...

Comment

FYI: The resolution of the screen is 320x234
      960 is counted for each red green and blue pixel (which is actually 1 pixel)
      Raas - The Netherlands
      ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
      GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

Originally posted by Raas:
        <STRONG>FYI: The resolution of the screen is 320x234
        960 is counted for each red green and blue pixel (which is actually 1 pixel)</STRONG>
        thanks for that comment, makes sense...... im working on new software to go with a TFT screen I hope to buy soon.... im working at 640X480 so it should be approx 1 pixel on the TFT to reperesent 4 pixels on a VGA/monitor... (i think that makes sense?)
        Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

One more thing. I pluged the same 5" screen in to the back of a mac 8100. It displayed at the the screens full resolution with no dead space on the sides. On the pc laptop however, there is dead space. Is there a special resolution driver i can use to fix this? I think there is dead space becuase the monitor driver running the screen only has stardard resolution sizes and has to scale it to fit, not sure.
          Scott

Comment

Well, in order to remove the black 'belt' around the screen, you will have to set the laptop its video-card to overscan..

I know some video-cards can do it, but I don't know if yours can do it..

There are also numerous tools on the internet which will let you adjust certain (overscan / tv-out) settings of the card, which normally can't be changed..

Search around. I'm sure you'll find one or two.

Greetz
            Raas - The Netherlands

Comment

Originally posted by magnetik:
              <STRONG>
              ......so it should be approx 1 pixel on the TFT to reperesent 4 pixels on a VGA/monitor... (i think that makes sense?) </STRONG>
              Yes you're right, when vga is 640x480 and the tft is 320x240, each pixel on the tft represents 4 pixels on the vga-monitor..

Greetz
              Raas - The Netherlands

Comment

Working...
              X