Roof screen installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof screen installation

One of the things I am planning on doing is through two motorized, roof mounted flip-down screens in the back for any passengers back there or just to show visualizations when I have music playing. Anyway, I cannot seem to find anything to tell me exactly how to install the damn things. I know the headliner by itself cannot support the weight so I do I keep the screens up there?

Can anyone elighten me? and have not played nice with me on this subject.

Derek
    Progress [||-------]
    View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
    Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Look Here I've never tried it, but it looks easy...Good luck
    ---------------------
    Crazy Miami Drivers
    R.I.P. My first ever NEW Car
    Old installation
    New Install!!!

|-------------------100%|Cables ran
    |----------------85%----|Software RR
    |--------------80%------|Complete
    [/SIZE]

Comment

Ahh, so it's simply a matter of glueing a peice of wood up there so the screen has something to attach to. That makes sense. Looks like a pain in the @$$ just to get the headliner down but probably well worth it in the long run. Thanks for the link.

Derek
      Progress [||-------]

Comment

Originally posted by d_sellers1
        Ahh, so it's simply a matter of glueing a peice of wood up there so the screen has something to attach to. That makes sense. Looks like a pain in the @$$ just to get the headliner down but probably well worth it in the long run. Thanks for the link.

Derek
        I would just pay someone (bestbuy, circuit city, etc.) just to do it. It's going to be a b**ch just droping the liner down to run the cables....your also going to have warrenty incase the screen falls off
        ---------------------
        Crazy Miami Drivers
        Old installation
        New Install!!!

[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by UM_Fan
          I would just pay someone (bestbuy, circuit city, etc.) just to do it. It's going to be a b**ch just droping the liner down to run the cables....your also going to have warrenty incase the screen falls off
          But that would take all the fun out of it (but nevertheless a good idea).

Derek
          Progress [||-------]

Comment

I try to do all the work I can on my cars...but at what point is better off to pay someone to do the dirty work. For example: I know I could install an alarm in my car, but what if I F'ed up and screwed my electrical system in the car....
            ---------------------
            Crazy Miami Drivers
            Old installation
            New Install!!!

[/SIZE]

Comment

I know I could install an alarm in my car, but what if I F'ed up and screwed my electrical system in the car....

You'd be a qualified alarm installer.

Comment

Im eventually going to put a 10" or larger in the roof, flush flat mounted, so that when I fold down the seats, blow up the air mattress ive custom installed and watch stuff looking at the ceiling.

Matrix has like a bazillion inches of head room from its high sweeping roof, you could lower the roof 2-4 inches and stuff it fulla ****, no one would know.
                (All done)
                iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

I try to do all the work I can on my cars...but at what point is better off to pay someone to do the dirty work. For example: I know I could install an alarm in my car, but what if I F'ed up and screwed my electrical system in the car....
                  If you think those guys are better than you, then give your car to them to work on. If not, just do it yourself.
                  One thing I am sure those places are much better than you is their insurance. If they fu<k up your car, their insurance can pay for you. But you get the headache.
                  2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                  89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                  Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                  RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                  EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I hated bringing my first car back to the installation place to have fix something they missed. Like putting a fuse back in, or screwing down the grounding bolt.

Since then I do it all myself so i have no one to blame but myself for what goes wrong. And pride/showoffishness is something you can only get from doing it yourself, and not slapping down a big ol chunk of cash to have it produced.
                    (All done)
                    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

When you get other people to install stuff for you they do not do the same attention to detail that you would. Some will cut corners, or try and get away with not installing proper parts. Electrical tape vs. distribution blocks for example or 2 way tape vs. screws.

If you do it yourself, take your time, reseach before you do anything. Once done the quality of install will be much better. This is what I have found anyway.
                      2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                      2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                      Sound Stage
                      Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Very true to both statements.....
                        No one will work with carefully detail as you would on your own car. I'm just saying that sometimes most of us (me) have gone way WAY over my head with a project. Not only referring to cars...

Ex: I tried to do my patio roof, I though I would save a couple of bucks. I spent more on material then what they wanted to charge me for everthing. Not to mention: sun burns, a few fingers bashed by the hammer, wife screeming, almost falling on my @$$.
                        But, I know what to do next time.......And now I can enjoy my beer and admire my slanted roof....
                        ---------------------
                        Crazy Miami Drivers
                        Old installation
                        New Install!!!

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                        X