OLD Laptop LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLD Laptop LCD

I have an lcd out of an old laptop that i would like to use in my carputer. There are 19 wires that connect to the motherboard of this acer laptop which was manufactured in 94. These are broken down into two connectors, one with eight wires and one with eleven. These wires are in addition to 3 much larger wires that obviously provide the power for the lcd. Any help as to determining my options with this would be great. I know the common perception of it not being worth it, but I enjoy a good project and am not afraid to solder. I also read of a site that offered free controller cards earlier this spring. I think it was in the forums here, but have since been unable to relocate that thread. I have been unable to determine the make of this lcd.
    Da_Kooz

first step is to find a a make and model of LCD. do not expect anything else but flames or silence unless you provide this essential info.

Comment

second step is to search
      Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Well, by the description sounds like a Toshiba LCD that can be used in any compatible Compaq/Toshiba laptop. Otherwise if you're looking to hooking it up to a desktop you need a controller, and I don't think it's worth the hassle. Extending the LCD wires is annoying along by itself.
        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
        Newest install - my quickest ever
        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

make and model

finding this is one of my biggest problems at the moment...and i know it. I've tried to figure it out, but, all that i've been unsuccessful, and i thought i'd clarified that, all that is shown are on 3 stickers on the back. "DATE CODE: 9427", "YA4220139001CA", "0902-400131 4330". I searched the net for the latter two and got no result. I did also search lcd spec sites to no avail...
          Da_Kooz

Comment

laptop is an acer manufatured in 94....their site provided no valuable information that i could find.
            Da_Kooz

Comment

Originally posted by da_kooz
              laptop is an acer manufatured in 94....their site provided no valuable information that i could find.
              Pleain and simple, IT AINT WORTH THE HASSEL.

However, if you must, check out Earth LCD online.

Michael
              ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Working...
              X