Xenarc TSV Touchscreen problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc TSV Touchscreen problem

Help me please! I have everything installed, and the touchscreen is, but isn't working. It does not allow me to calibrate, or do anything normal. When I do the draw test, I can slide back and forth at the bottom of my screen, and the cursor moves around a bit, but not in the direction that I am going. Other places move the cursor for a bit too. I just got done installing it in my custom bezel, and was thinking that maybe this is the problem? If one or two parts were being touched at the same time somehow, would this cause my problems? I am thinking about removing the internals from my front, and testing it out, to see if this is at fault. Also, if the touchscreen is somehow in too tight maybe this could be it? Everything reads fine in the software, like it is installed. Maybe someone could help me please. Any ideas?

Make sure the touchscreen controller is plugged in correctly and in the rite spot!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant
    Progress: 90% [-▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓- ->

Carputer Specs:
    Via M10K
    512mb Ram
    60GB HDD
    Souund Blaster Audigy2 NX
    OPUS ITX PC Case

Comment

What do you mean "right spot". As far as I know, I never unplugged the touchscreen ribbon or anything like that. Just took it all out of the casing together, and kept it that way.

Comment

did you figure it out, I think I'm havin g the same prob
        BossTone74

Comment

i had a problem similar to this before. it turned out a small glob of bondo was in the corner.. i mean a tiny peice. it was touching the touchscreen all the way up in the corner where its covered up. i took it apart and picked the bondo off and presto worked perfectly!
          i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

~I have the same problem. I can move the cursor around and do everything with a mouse connected, but as soon as I touch the screen the cursor jumps to the lower left corner and acts like it is pressed. (which is a PITA, cause it ejects the CD in RR)

My xenarc is in a custom dash housing and i thought the controler was shorting. I will try to take it out and see if there is weird pressure somewhere.

Michael
            "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
            RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Comment

I used the updated drivers on the xenarc website and it fixed my problem...now I just have to figure out right clicking!
              BossTone74

Comment

Working...
              X