Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilliput works on home pc but not car PC!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput works on home pc but not car PC!!!!!!!!!!

This is really aggrivating. After trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with this damn thing and why i kept getting an unrecognized usb device on my car pc, i tried on my home pc, HURRAY IT WORKED!!! Okay so i know this thing is not DOA but WTF !!

Any ideas why this thing is not working on my car pc, but will work on my home pc?? Im running windows xp w/sp2 on both computers.

Mike

going through USB extension? hub? how do you have it powered?
    肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

its plugged into the usb port on my mobo (biostar mcg400) directly, being powered with the ac adapter that came with it, the car pc is sitting on my desk running of a power supply out of a micro atx case.

Mike

Comment

Any other ports on the MB you can try? Did you try manually installing the drivers for it?

Comment

yes i tried manually installing the drivers, when i direct windows to the ini file, it says "this file contains no information about your hardware"

when i try to let it do it automatically with the cd in the drive, it says it cannot find software.

I tried dlin the egalax drivers and directing the program to those as well, no luck.

Mike

Comment

x

Comment

when installing the touchscreen drivers, your touchscreen + vga connection needs to be plugged in... just a tip incase you aren't doing that

Comment

Hi lax,

I checked the closest MB I could find do what you list was the M7NCG 400. But here are few thing you could try. I search some forum and found no one having a USB problem like you described.

1 Can you install any other usb devices?
                2 Have you tried using any of the other 4 front USB ports?
                3 Did you make sure you have the newest MB drivers install (Biostar list 1.14 as newest and Nvidia has 5.10)?
                4 You could also try updating the the MB bios.
                5 If all else fail RMA the board.

Good luck,
                Mike
                "Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?"
                Bob Marley

Comment

hmm

could this have anything to do with it? When i direct the windows driver install program to havedisk>touchkit.inf it says " The file contains no information about your hardware" so i was reading the .inf file and it says at the top of the document

"***** PLEASE READ ***********
                  ;; The wizard cannot create exact INF files for all buses and device types.
                  ;; You may have to make changes to this file in order to get your device to
                  ;; install. In particular, hardware IDs and logical configurations require
                  ;; intervention.
                  ;;
                  ;; The NT5DDK documentation contains an excellent INF reference."

what does this mean???

Mike

Comment

x

^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by lax4321 View Post
                      ^^^^^
                      Yes you are not installing the drivers correctly. You can go to the device manager and try to install the drivers manually there.

Comment

over 2 year old thread.
                        System always under construction

Comment

Well, I certainly hope he got his problem fixed by now!
                          Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                          How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert View Post
                            Well, I certainly hope he got his problem fixed by now!
                            newbies...

Guess it's the thought that counts right?

Comment

Working...
                            X