Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solution for Auto Switch Reverse Camera

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out a way to auto switch on my backup rca camera when I engage the reverse gear and I thought of this solution.

It seems that the best way of doing this before was to buy a Cheese Box and tap into the swtich on it to automatically turn on the camera, however, the cheese box is not available any more. So this is my solution:

Purchase a box similiar to the Cheese Box like this, http://www.interloper.com/products/p...ge=1&sec=1&od= , Connect the rca video cable from the camera to the box, attach one side of a vga Y splitter to the box and the other to the computer, hook up the 9V power input to the reverse light positive cable so that it would only turn on when I engage reverse.

Now does anyone think this would work?? I have read some other solutions but they involve programming PIC and I don't even know what PIC stands for!!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
    AlexV

Current System:
    TS VGA Monitor, Avatar aka Super (very similiar to Lilliput)
    EPIA 800 in Travla C136 case
    Bluetooth
    USB Tiny Keyboard
    -Alex's CarPC
    Gain 7" monitor
    Map Monkey GPS Nav
    Bluetooth
    USB Tiny Keyboard
    GPRS Internet
    Reverse Camera

I thought the Avatar monitor auto-switched like the Xenarc does.

Comment

Hi there,

You could be correct. Although you may be confused with auto-power on?? It does have that.

I hooked up a portable dvd player to the video rca on the monitor and it did not detect the signal and change over automatically. I turned the dvd player on and off but it still stayed on vga. I had to manualy change it to video for it to work.

Thanks,
      AlexV
      -Alex's CarPC
      Gain 7" monitor
      Map Monkey GPS Nav
      Bluetooth
      USB Tiny Keyboard
      GPRS Internet
      Reverse Camera

Comment

did you have the carputer on when you tried that? my xenarc is pretty picky about auto0switching... it requires that the computer be on and running normally... if it is booting it sometimes doesnt auto-switch
        Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
        Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

RoyN,

It was in the final stages of booting, but it may not have been completly finished. I'll try again tonight and see how it goes. Is anyone 100% sure the Avatar aka Super has auto-switching like the Xenarc??

Thanks
          AlexV
          -Alex's CarPC
          Gain 7" monitor
          Map Monkey GPS Nav
          Bluetooth
          USB Tiny Keyboard
          GPRS Internet
          Reverse Camera

Comment

I'd also like to know if the Avatar/Super has auto-switching like the Xenarc...let us know!!!

Comment

Working...
            X