Lilliput red light.. not getting power all of a sudden

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput red light.. not getting power all of a sudden

I can't figure out what's wrong with my Lilliput touchscreen, maybe someone here can help. I used my monitor for over a week without any problem, then the monitor started acting up... not powering on all of the time, etc. Eventually it got to the point where all I would see is a red light... it wouldn't power up otherwise. It was connected with the egg directly to the battery until I figured out exactly what I wanted to do with it.. it was not permanent. I pulled all of the wires out and noticed one had a bit of the plastic sheild torn up, but it did not look bad enough to cause a short. However, if it did, maybe that is what happened and now my egg is bad? Hopefully it would just fry the egg and not my Lilliput... seeing it is getting a red light it usually means there is a power issue, right? It is getting 12v according to the volt meter to the plug going into the lilliput.

I would like to eliminate the egg and see if that helps, but I don't know what regulated 12v source I should use... since at this time I don't have a shutdown controller, and am using an EZGO mini-pc that doesn't have a standard power supply.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    1995 Talon TSi AWD, 1992 Lexus SC300... LexusPC is finally almost ready for install!

Sorry to bump my thread, but I'm all out of ideas and don't know what to do with it... there is a big car show tomorrow so I would appreciate it if anyone had any ideas I can check out to maybe make this thing work!!
    1995 Talon TSi AWD, 1992 Lexus SC300... LexusPC is finally almost ready for install!

Comment

ANY ideas before I give up completely and buy a new monitor? I still have not been able to figure out what is up with this monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by 700mx6
        ANY ideas before I give up completely and buy a new monitor? I still have not been able to figure out what is up with this monitor.
        Try plugging in the AC power supply that comes with the LCD. Did you remove the LCD from the case or open up the case at all?

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I just emailed the seller earlier today to try to get ahold of an AC adapter (he included the wrong AC adapter and was supposed to send the correct one) but I don't think he will be getting back to me.

Does anyone have an extra AC adapter for sale cheap? Or, does anyone know the specs of the correct AC adapter and maybe I have something around the house that will work?

THANKS!!

Comment

Thanks for the tip, I just emailed the seller earlier today to try to get ahold of an AC adapter (he included the wrong AC adapter and was supposed to send the correct one) but I don't think he will be getting back to me.

Does anyone have an extra AC adapter for sale cheap? Or, does anyone know the specs of the correct AC adapter and maybe I have something around the house that will work?

THANKS!!
            Any 12V adapter with a positive center and at least 1.5A of current should do the trick.
            So Steve, how fast is your car?

Oh, about 1800mhz.

Comment

Originally posted by Splinter
              Any 12V adapter with a positive center and at least 1.5A of current should do the trick.
              Hmm the AC adapter he included has 1.5a of current but it never worked for me... I got the red warning light with the included AC adapter as well.. I think it was for a cell phone or something.

Comment

Hmm the AC adapter he included has 1.5a of current but it never worked for me... I got the red warning light with the included AC adapter as well.. I think it was for a cell phone or something.
                The one that came with my Lilliput has the model number "FJ-48#" on it.

No brand name
                So Steve, how fast is your car?

Oh, about 1800mhz.

Comment

Thanks for the post, I thought I tested it with everything I could find, but I found a random AC adapter with a 12v output and tried it... the screen is alive afterall... now to hardwire it in the car

Comment

Make sure you give it regulated power.
                    2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                    2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                    Sound Stage
                    Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Originally posted by -zip-
                      Make sure you give it regulated power.
                      ...but NOT regulated by the egg. I think many, if not most, get power from the 12v rail on the computer's power supply.

Comment

12v regulated for the car stereo should be ok, right? I don't have a power supply or anything easy to tap into since I have an ezgo pc.. but do have an open wiring harness now that my stereo is gone.

Comment

It is very unlikely that the power going to that stereo harness is regulated.

Comment

If you are in a hurry to get the screen up for the show, get a small inverter and use with that AC adapter.
                            You can NOT power the screen with the car power. It may work but will fry the screen in the long run.
                            Try to find another source for a stable/regulated 12V. Look for Point of Load (POL) 12V like the one by Carnetix if PC PSU is NOT available to you.
                            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Working...
                            X