Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5v out from TFT converter. Need 3.3v to LCD. HOW ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5v out from TFT converter. Need 3.3v to LCD. HOW ?

Hi . guy I have one of Allen's VGA to TFT converter it has a 5v output for Vcc. but my LCD Sharp LQ9D161 needs a 3.3v VCC. What is an easy way around this ?? ..

Thanx .
    Dav
    neo4 and "M" installation E-mail for info

use a max788 regulator.. it will handle 3.3v @ 5a , more than enough to handle this backlight.

check www.maximic.com for the regulator

Greetz

[ 01-17-2002: Message edited by: Raas ]
    Raas - The Netherlands
    ME: VIA epia m10000, lilliput 7', opus 150w, 80gb<br>
    GF: IBM Thinkpad 380, ext. 3.5 80gb, 40x4, PB-IR

Comment

toto3,

Let me know how this works out for you. I have the same screen. Also, do you have the one from ebay with the touchscreen controller? If so, have you had any luck finding a serial cable for it?

Thanks

Comment

Thanx.. Raas. The Max788 will take a min 8v, it will work nice with 12v witch i need for the TFT converter anyway. but what about some thing to make use of the 5v form tft converter? some thing "inline"? just to drop the 1.7V ? (it is not needed for the backlight, so 3.3v @5a is not needed. only 350ma is needed. It is to drive the LCD itself not the inverter.) Thanx

Meatballman
        yeah .. i have that same LCD .. i think we will have to make our own serial cable .. i have the pin outs if you need it.. Email or PM me .
        neo4 and "M" installation E-mail for info

Comment

If the 5v is regulated from the converter, I would just drop a resistor inline for a voltage drop.
          KG6OQD
          www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

Originally posted by AVGeek:
            <STRONG>If the 5v is regulated from the converter, I would just drop a resistor inline for a voltage drop.</STRONG>
            Beware: only works for constant current...!

Rob
            Old Systems retired due to new car
            New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

If you need the current there are plenty of other chips out there, everyone uses the MAX788 as that's what the first MP3 car used, and most people are to lazy to see what else there is, why do the work when someone else has already done it?

I think the MAX747 might be more what your looking for. Have a good search through their site, and you'll find the right chip.

By the way I'm not sad, I just spend a couple of hours looking up chips for work the other day, honest.

Rob
              And you say people actually pay money for M$ Windows?
              www.mp3mini.co.uk (Does what it says on the URL) www.openclassic.co.uk (The new car, with zero rust!) www.rob-web.co.uk (My other site)
              Total re-design underway: on the whole progress is very slow as the car is taking up too much time :)

Comment

Working...
              X