Lilliput 629 color issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lilliput 629 color issues

If there is a thread to this please post it, I have been reading posts on and off today. I have my settings at 75 hertz, I have the resolution at 800X600, and all the colors are at 33 on the monitor. I have tried the car PC, home pc, and work laptop all with the same results. I took it apart and reseated the ribbon cable and that did nothing. Everything looks fine until you pull up a picture and it comes out with too much red. I have changed the colors on the monitor and still cannot get this right. I have checked and wiggled the cables too. The cables appear to be fine, but I can't tell internally.

I read Everything you need to know about your Lilliput

I have read that it could be a bad ribbon cable or just a bad monitor. Should I just order a new cableDoes it use the same cable as the 619?

Obviously I cannot return it since I opened the case.

2003 Durango Install
    2003 Matrix Install
    2004 Escalade Install

Any suggestions?
    2003 Durango Install
    2003 Matrix Install
    2004 Escalade Install

Comment

ebay it and get a new one...last chose

Comment

Did you check your video card?
        ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
        Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

Looks like a video driver problem to me. Or you have your colour quality set too low.
          System: PIII 1000, 512 MEG SDRAM, 40GB 2.5" HDD, D-Link Wi-Fi, Morex 80W PSU, 7" Lilliput.

Comment

Originally posted by ODYSSEY
            Did you check your video card?
            I tried 3 different PC's with 3 very different video cards.

I odered a new ribbon cable because mine looks like I may have bent it close to the plug when I took it apart the first time.
            2003 Durango Install
            2003 Matrix Install
            2004 Escalade Install

Comment

I had the very same problem -- it was a poorly (re)inserted ribbon cable.
              CarPC status: HW all done, SW needs tweaked.
              Hardware: VIA MII-12K, 512MB, 60GB 2.5", CW-8123 DVD-CDRW, 7" Lilli ts, Opus 90W, BU-353 GPS, 802.11b PCI, USB bluetooth dongle, AverMedia AverTV Cardbus Plus, Morex Cubid 3677
              Software: RR, MM/FD

Comment

Originally posted by mox
                I had the very same problem -- it was a poorly (re)inserted ribbon cable.
                Thanks, it makes me feel better that it might be my stupidity and not the monitor. For the $6.48 I spent on the cable, I hope it fixes it.
                2003 Durango Install
                2003 Matrix Install
                2004 Escalade Install

Comment

i had the cable loose first time I run a lilliput up, it was all green and just tightening it cured it but im not sure thats your problem, the yahoo page looks like a 6300K colour pallete, cable problems make everything red and theres still whites there yeah?

if the new cable doesnt work, try changng to 9300K colour temperature (as well as making sure your video card settings are on 32 bit colour of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Ad
                    i had the cable loose first time I run a lilliput up, it was all green and just tightening it cured it but im not sure thats your problem, the yahoo page looks like a 6300K colour pallete, cable problems make everything red and theres still whites there yeah?

if the new cable doesnt work, try changng to 9300K colour temperature (as well as making sure your video card settings are on 32 bit colour of course)
                    I am running the 32 bit color, I have to check to shee if it is set at 6300K. Even on the yahoo page and centrafuse, you still see the red mixed in with the white. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it was something I did to the cable.
                    2003 Durango Install
                    2003 Matrix Install
                    2004 Escalade Install

Comment

Well it turned out to be a poorly seated ribbon cable. I got the one from digital ww and it first off was ripped and the pins are on the same side of the cable. I was so mad I decided to mess with the original ribbon cable again, and it worked this time.
                      2003 Durango Install
                      2003 Matrix Install
                      2004 Escalade Install

Comment

Not sure if this is the same problem. I was using the composite in and missing red in the picture. Powered it down, and up, still the picture was missing the red element.

Before I took it apart I noticed a reset option on the menu. One good reset and it started working again!! Very strange I know........

Comment

Bet it's the cable, same thing happened to me twice.

It could be the internal cable or the external cable.

They really need a better more robust cable connection method. If you just bump it or pull it slightly you get the color problem.
                          2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                          2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                          Sound Stage
                          Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Working...
                          X