No announcement yet.

Powering LCD

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering LCD

I have a mobile authority LCD. I am having trouble powering it up. If i hook it up in the car to battery power and accesory power it works fine. But at the moment i want to play with it inside and when i try to power it up from a atx psu the power light like flickers on each time i touch the wire but then immediately turns off. I am just wondering is there like a trick to powering it which i dont know? Thanks

I have a Pyle LCD and didn't have a problem at all powering it with a ATX PSU. I just cut off one of the molex connectors then attached a pair of female banana jacks the the 12v and ground. I then attached male banana jacks to the 12v and ground wires of the LCD. The whole point behind the banana jacks was so I could connect and disconnect the LCD from the case easily. Do you have a video signal going to the LCD at the time you connected the power? M.A.V.I.C. System
    Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case. MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Which wire are you using?

On the standard 4 pin power connector.
      The red is 5 volts.
      The orange/yellow is the 12 volts.
      SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
      GPSing - Digital Speedo
      Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
      Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

I used the yellow wire. I didn't have a video source going into it but i didn't the first time i connected it to the car either so dont think that is the prob. I have a feeling it is something about the power to the accessory wire, because i just put both of these on the 12v wire together and grounded the rest (when connecting to atx psu), where as in the car i had acc wire to the acc and power to power. Hmmm i'm not overly phased because it still works, was just curious if was doing something completly wrong.

you need to have the ATX supply plugged into a Mobo, or use an AT.
          Clarion 200watt head unit w/ Aux in.
          Kicker 800watt 4 channel amp
          In a 96 Grand Prix SE.

on my lcd's, you need to have a video signal present in order for the screen to fire up
            99.9% complete.

i have the mobile authority lcd too and im having the same problem... i have tried EVERYTHING!!! how do i get it to turn on after theres a video signal anyway? capacitors? this sucks!