Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Baby......

Anyway,

I just ordered a TFT from Mp3playerstore.com and am very happy to finally bring my MP3 system somewhat up to par again. Its been too long without a re-build....

ok, my question is this. What do people use to interface their Windows 9x boxes so that they are useable on a composite screen. I was just wondering if everyone could mabey put down what they are using and mabey a link to any special software that they are using.

And I know that this is going to come up alot anyway, but I am also considering Cobra. I was just looking for some other options.

P.S. I have also been looking at the LCARS interface. Some of you might know this, but it is the computer system that is used on the 'star trek' series. really pretty neat but I am unsure of how it will work on the LCD. only time and shipping delays will tell......
    Monger
    ICQ-7207702
    UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Anybody using ShowShifter? Looks kinda snazzy, but I've not put it to any use yet, so I don't know if it would be good or not . . .

Jeffrey.
    "Quitters never win, and winners never quit, but people who never win, and never quit are idiots."

Comment

*BUMP*

anyone?
      Monger
      ICQ-7207702
      UPDATE: I moved farther north. Now its even too cold for the deer; only moose now

Comment

I am in the process of building my first carputer and have a 6.8 screen. I plan on using Cobra. I do not think there are any other alternatives. But I think Cobra will suit my needs just fine. I just wish I could control my radio card with it.

Comment

Tried Showshifter, it didn't work for me. It's free to try the demo though.
          IEI PSB-4710, 1.5Ghz P4, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD, Lilliput 8" TS, M2-ATX, BU-353,
          Ikey SL75 keyboard, BT Mini Keyboard, WLAN, EVDO, IC-PCR100 (AM/FM/VHF), HQCT, Centrafuse 1.6...

Comment

Originally posted by monger
            P.S. I have also been looking at the LCARS interface. Some of you might know this, but it is the computer system that is used on the 'star trek' series. really pretty neat but I am unsure of how it will work on the LCD. only time and shipping delays will tell......
            I'm in the process of turning my PC into my CarPC project and I plan on making an LCARS interface for it too. I've played around with Talisman before and came up with a fairly good LCARS style interface so I know it can be done. My plan is to use a standard desktop LCD though for a couple reasons, first is I want a BIG display and second is the cost of those cool touchscreens is too much $$ right now... My main control for this system will be the ATI remote wonder and also my wireless logitech keyboard.

TiTUS

Comment

Hi!

using a program called DesktopX I created a desktop theme from a jpg of the LCARS interface. It looks a lot sharper on the LCD/Touchscreen but this gives you a general idea. The only problem I'm having with this is you need to have DesktopX installed and running to use it. All the buttons work on the touchscreen and this is only the main screen.

Peter
              Attached Files
              Stop Buying New Music CD's.
              Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

I am using myHTPC for now. But I am making my own interface -- when it is done, I will release a free version. Check out the aiPC thread on how it would look and sound on software forum.
                - Lwin M. Maung
                If it's stuck, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway

Comment

screwed by mp3playerstore.com

About 4 months ago I ordered A screen from MP3playerstore.com trough ebay. The screen has been shipped to me but I whent on vacation. So it got send back by DHL. So I called them and they told me that I have to pay the shipping costs again. So I did. After 4 to 5 months I think. Still no reply to my e-mails and no screen. I even tryed sqaure trade and filed a case against them but still no reply.
                  If someone could help me please do. I paid abou 350 dollars for an indash Screen and still I don't have it.

F**** them.

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.

Check their feedback on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by monger
                    These things are UGLY... if any photoshop experts want to take a whack at making Mike Okuda's LCARS prettier... send me your concepts... I'm really getting the hang of skinning.

Here's my first attempts... PM me if you want an early copy.
                    Attached Files
                    Car: 1997 VW Passat TDI moving to
                    1985 Mercedes-Benz 300D
                    CPU: HP ePC 1gig/256meg/250 gig
                    Xenarc & GPS & RadioShark
                    ToGo: DC-to-DC conversion, Grease conversion

Comment

Originally posted by lifeboat
                      Tried Showshifter, it didn't work for me. It's free to try the demo though.
                      Showshifter works for me, however the only thing missing is the volume control in the main screen. I want a program that can have TV/FM so Showshifter was the only option out of all frontends that I tried. RR is another but there are no good skins that support TV as far as I know!
                      Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
                      http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

Working...
                      X