Lanzar/Pyle 7" Indash LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanzar/Pyle 7" Indash LCD

Does anyone know if the Pyle PLTV7R/Lanzar SVTV7 (both the same unit) are any good? They are pretty cheap, but I'm warry of the company. Anyone know a site where these machines are reviewed?

Jup

I have a Pyle 6.8" LCD and have had a few problems with it. The thing is that the tech support is non-existant, and their web page is crap. But I eventually got it to work.
    http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
    Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Hey, I just bought that 7" pyle motorized last week. It should be here tomorrow. I will let you know how it is when I get it hooked up. I paid $569 at www.etronics.com shoot me an email if you have any questions [email protected]

Comment

So how do you like your new 7" pyle motorized display? I am looking at this display and would like to know how you like it.
        Take a look at my CarPC

Comment

I just installed mine today, I will provide a detailed writeup in a few days. Here's a sneak peak of the setup:
          www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/lcdvideo

Pros:

1)Cheap
          2)Fully motorized
          3)good looking picture so far
          4)4 different aspect ratios, wide, zoom, normal, stretch....
          4)lots of inputs and one output
          5)comes with TV tuner
          6)decent remote control
          7)you can independently control front l/r and rear l/r individually, and also has a subwoofer level adjustment
          8)Cheap

Cons:

1)sticks out of the din opening about 2 inches. Wouldnt fit all the way in my dashboard because there are TONS of wires to stuff behind it.
          2)There is a fairly loud hissing noise that is present all of the time, even when the volume is turned all the way down. Ive just emailed support on it and I will see if they can help. Quite annoying. Dont know if I can live with it.
          3)I can hear pops and clicks when I have the unit turned on playing something, and open or close the motorized display. Also emailed tech support about this.

Thats all I can think of right now. I havent got much play time out of it, so Im sure ill run into other things, both good and bad. Im working on building a box for my computer and I will have a detailed writeup of everything when Im finished.

Comment

All I can say is good luck getting any tech support! I sent 3 emails a year ago and still no response.
            http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
            Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Maveric:
              <STRONG>All I can say is good luck getting any tech support! I sent 3 emails a year ago and still no response.</STRONG>

A week ago I sent them an email asking if the unit has different display modes, and within a day they responded back. Lets hope they are not purposefully ignoring tech support issues. They also have 2 phone numbers listed on their website, so If i dont hear from them soon I will call. Heck, Ill probably just call tomorrow anyway.

[ 01-30-2002: Message edited by: Adam F ]

Comment

Were any of you guys able to bypass the parking break sensor on this unit? I would like to get an alpine screen, but I've heard that bypassing Alpines is not as simple as grounding the parking break line. If this one is easy to bypass, I'll pick one up. Any thoughts?

Comment

All I did was ground the wire that was supposed to be hooked up to the parking brake and every thing came on like normal. Too bad it's a peice of junk, and sounds like crap. Needless to say I returned it. Decent looking screen, but TERRIBLE sound quality. I ordered the Redant 7" screen already!

Just listent to this video:

http://www.toyotaoffroad.net/afertig/lcdvideo

Be sure to crank up your comptuer speakers. You can hear the popping and hissign as the screen is opening and closing. And you can hear the hissing noise, and how it goes away when I press mute.

Comment

I'm not going to use the sound off of the unit at all... Got an alpine head unit and surround sound processor for that! I'm still debating spending the $150 more for a pioneer though...

Comment

Originally posted by SC_Highlander
                      I'm not going to use the sound off of the unit at all... Got an alpine head unit and surround sound processor for that! I'm still debating spending the $150 more for a pioneer though...

Spend the $150 extra for Pioneer. You'd kick yourself if you diddnt. The on screen setup and just the general layout was crappy also. Im still wondering if you would get that hissing noise even if you ran line outs to your amp.

Comment

Working...
                      X