what about this indash ebay lcd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about this indash ebay lcd

i know everyone has been testing out these new ebay lcds... i need to know but couldnt find anything on this bad boy here i know its different the the others everyone is talking about but does anyone knoow about this one im doing a scion xb carpc install and not sure if i wanna indash or mount lcd in double din section

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-In-Dash-VGA-To...QQcmdZViewItem

Originally posted by dougrodriguez
    i know everyone has been testing out these new ebay lcds... i need to know but couldnt find anything on this bad boy here i know its different the the others everyone is talking about but does anyone knoow about this one im doing a scion xb carpc install and not sure if i wanna indash or mount lcd in double din section

http://cgi.ebay.com/7-In-Dash-VGA-To...QQcmdZViewItem
    It's been discussed repeatedly. Nobody that I know of is using one. If you're willing to buy the cheapest motorized in-dash touchscreen out there from an EBay reseller, making return/exchange diffuclt (if not impossible), then go for it.

Let's not even discuss the horribly out-of-scale graphic:
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      Let's not even discuss the horribly out-of-scale graphic:
      WOW! That is one BIG in-Dash screen!!!!
      Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
      GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

no, the screen is 7", the hand is just extremley tiny (probably the hands of one of the carputer elves that built it)
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples
          no, the screen is 7", the hand is just extremley tiny (probably the hands of one of the carputer elves that built it)
          Or it's just a horrible photoshop job.
          How about the Wiki?

Comment

photoshop? nooooo, prolly not.
            My carputer

Old one

Comment

Remember AllAdvantage From 7 years ago? IT IS BACK! Now under a new name Agloco
              GET PAID TO SURF THE INTERNET

Comment

Originally posted by Maana
                photoshop? nooooo, prolly not.
                Ok. MS Paint?
                How about the Wiki?

Comment

I am REALLY considering getting one of these.

My resoning for getting in dash is 1) getting a screen in the dash intimidates me and would be costly since theres no way i can do it. 2) having the screen vertical seems no good, id rather some tilt to see the thing.

Theres no way id spend $500 on a screen so this seems like my ONLY choice.

Anyone want to give me a reason why i should not get this monitor?
                  B Smoov
                  Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

Originally posted by buurin
                    It's a steep investment to be certain.
                    When I'm ready to get my screen, I'm getting mine from here to get the NDP Guarantee. That in and of itself is worth the extra green I'm laying out.

Anyone want to give me a reason why i should not get this monitor?
                    Nobody knows anything about this model, it's reliability, the mechanisms.
                    Considering this model is cheaper than anything comparable, it's got to make you wonder why.
                    If these doubts that form in my mind (and others' minds) aren't a concern to you, then go for it.
                    How about the Wiki?

Comment

Originally posted by buurin
                      Well, it seems like a good deal. 400 listed for the brightness, VGA input, and much more. It's not motorized, and it's pretty ugly, but other than that seems like an ok deal. $300, does seem kind of steep for an indash though these days.

"Semi-Auto Spring Loaded Opening Mechanism"
                      www.mobile-effects.com

Free file hosting, picture gallery hosting for installs, PM me.

Internet's first Front End Skin browser, featured installs, downloads, links, informative articles - all free to registered users.

Comment

DigitalWW is offering it on their website
                        `
                        ,,`,,
                        ,,`,,
                        ``,,`,,` `
                        ,,`,,
                        ,,`,,
                        `
                        `

Comment

i have never had a car pc but it seems to me like the left-right swivel is essential... is this a bad assumption? apparently it isnt because ive seen plenty of installs with the lcd in dash but how do people feel about having no swivel?
                          B Smoov
                          Project Status: 90% Complete

Next Step: TIVO for Radio

Ampie Case :: MII10000 Mobo :: M1-ATX PSU :: 512MB RAM :: 2.5" HD, 60GB, 5400rpm, 16MB Buffer :: DWW-700H :: Centrafuse

Comment

that is the NON motorized model.
                            It has been available for quite some time now..

Comment

if i wanted to sell some screens on ebay, i'd at least do a damn spell check on my auction... this one is terrible

no sales for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X