No announcement yet.

general LCD help please

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general LCD help please

Ok, I'm slightly confused with all the stuff I'm reading.

Here's my thought, and please shoot it full of holes, because I can't see why it wouldn't work. But it seems too simple for some reason.

I'm looking to build a computer for my car for MP3, DVD and the like. I want to run Windows 98 Lite. My problem comes in with the screen. ATI All in wonder card is equipped with a composite video out which could go straight into a cheap ebay screen like this that has a comp. video input. Done. At least as far as I can see.
    This just seems too simple for some reason. There has to be a reason everyone buys 600 dollar kits from EarthLCD.

Could someone enlighten me on this? Thanks.

Simple. Compared to VGA, Composite video quality sucks a big one.

Well, I don't want this to sound stupid but here goes...

How bad does it suck? I'm just looking to have a decent looking screen, nothing spectacular. The majority of the time it's just going to be displaying winamp and an occasional DVD.

I know it's hard for you to judge how I would feel, but do you think I would be really disappointed?

Winamp looks ok if you make the font about 16-18. As far as DVDs go, they wont look that good on a composite unit. Try running you TV out into you big tv inside the house. See how crap the picture looks? Now compress that crap picture don to about 6 inches. It aint real pretty

I know they are expensive, but most people figure if your going to go to the extent of putting a dvd in your car, you may as well have it looking nice.

try looking at your own computer screen, and squint your eyes to where you cant make out small text. Thats how it is!