Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powerstrip with Mobility IGP9180 embedded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerstrip with Mobility IGP9180 embedded?

I'm interested in the ibase MB870 motherboard that has an ATI Mobility IGP9180 embedded video chipset on it. Does anyone know if this chipset works well with the powerstrip app so I can get some native resolution ALL UP ONS my Xenarc? Thanks!

I have an MB870 and I got it to drive my Xenarc natively with Powerstrip. Powerstrip DID sort of work with this chipset in so far as it allows you to alter the timings of the adaptor. Thing is that the figures it gives in all the timing boxes are wrong. I have a feeling it doesn't understand the clocks correctly on this chipset. After a lot of counter-intuitive tweaking though I got it to sync up on the Xenarc at 800x480. I'd recommend digging around on the PowerStrip forums to see if they've supported this chipset yet. I've appended grabs of the PowerStrip dialogs.

What I would warn you about on this motherboard is the very long POST delay (it has a SATA controller that goes looking for drives and you can't disable it). Secondly it doesn't support suspend to RAM (that's S3 isn't it?). It's worth checking to see if they've updated the board since I got mine over a year ago though.

I bought it for the 800x480 gamble reason alone.

James

Comment

Just found this post on the PowerStrip forums which seems to indicate that the RS300 IGP is going to be supported in new PowerStrip releases.

Comment

I have an MB870 operating at 800x480 on my 7" Lilliput touchscreen. To get it to work properly, I had to go into the BIOS, change the video setting to auto, start powerstrip and change to 800x480 setting, and then go back into the BIOS and change the video setting to CRT Only. I have tried this many times and this method seems to be the only way to get 800x480 to work. BTW the MB870 is an excellent motherboard.

Comment

out of interest, does your MB870 support suspend to RAM and does it have a long POST like mine?

James

Comment

Not sure about the suspend to RAM but the long POST is something I had for a while. Then I contacted iBase and they gave me a BIOS with the SATA disabled and it booted much faster. I burnt out that motherboard and haven't had the chance to re-load the fixed BIOS. I just ordered a SATA HDD and am hoping that this will cut down on the boot-up also (won't hang because there actually is a SATA device). If you're interested in this BIOS let me know.

Comment

Working...
            X