ps one moniter as Display???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ps one moniter as Display???

i was looking for a 5.6" lcd(if you know where i can get a cheap one please mail me) when i stumbled onto some PSone moniters. I dont know much about compatible with this stuff. I have been pressed finding tech specs on them but they run off A/V in's. So i am asking you, the wonderful mp3car community, are these moniters doable for my mp3 car?

Best place to find a cheap monitor I think is www.ebay.com but I don't know about that psone monitor or what size/resolution it is. I think it would be easier to get a 5.6" lcd. I think ive seen them for around $150 with a case. If you want to buy new check this out http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...15435&CATID=44

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...=4681&CATID=44

Comment

Im sure the psone monitors would work. You might need to get a power supply for it though because i think that it uses the power from the psone. But, if you are going to spend $150 on the psone lcd, why not spend $50-$80 more and get a 5-5.6" lcd? That psone lcd isnt even a 4" lcd.
      2004 F-150
      Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
      "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

I didnt think the pson would work, but i was just throwing the idea out there. Thanks for that link AdamF, i had been looking thru partsexpress, cuz i kno the got good cheep stuff but hadnt seen that one yet

Comment

the psone lcd is 5 inches and has a case and built in speakers and you can get it for 129. show me a better price.

Comment

well no one listens to me
            i posted th same question about a month ago

here in australia everything i mean everything is expensive

im looking at about 400bux just for a 6" lcd

its stuffed

the psone i can get for 200

anyway
            yep it would work
            get the car adaptor for it and ittl run fine

i think they run off 6v but im not sure

anyway
            cheers
            pcman
            donate to my team in the ****box rally all proceeds go to the cancer council http://www.everydayhero.com.au/dodgy_mechanics

Comment

Is the PS-One LCD any good for DVD/DivX movies?

I am after a CHEAP screen (in australia) suitable for viewing DVD/DivX quality movies.

If anyone can point me towards a reliable and cheap provider i would be very appreciative!

(P.S. i am already looking at ebay and sold.com.au)

Comment

*cough*
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ighlight=psone
                -Nick

Comment

The PS ONE works great!

Guys, I have had the chance to compare the PS One against the GC monitor and a 5" form parts express which is now $140 + shipping and,, I must say that it blows away the G.C. monitor and is equal or slightly better(more crisp), than the model from Parts Express. For my purposes I will probably power it using the car adapter (I have a SUV w/ 4 aux power jacks) so this isn't any problem. Considering the price of $129 ($141 w/tax), the only way you can find a better deal is maybe on ebay, but even then you don't have the option of "easily" returning the item should you decide on something different.

Comment

Originally posted by MP3IAN by Ian Gregory
                    Is the PS-One LCD any good for DVD/DivX movies?

I am after a CHEAP screen (in australia) suitable for viewing DVD/DivX quality movies.

If anyone can point me towards a reliable and cheap provider i would be very appreciative!

(P.S. i am already looking at ebay and sold.com.au)
                    try K-Mart, electronics boutique, they are quite common.....

it should be good for DivX/DVD, the question you should really be asking is it good for GUI's/etc.... since that is where the quality will show with regarding to straight edges etc.... a movie will look decent on almost anything. That is why a TV set is great for movies/video games, but sucks at being a computer monitor....
                    Project - GAME OVER :(

Comment

Hey guys,

did anybody actually checked this one out?

http://www.justwoofers.com/Specials/VisitorsSpecials.htm

Let us know.

Comment

ps one screen on ebay for $69.99

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1339695366

$69.99

Comment

hey, do these ps1 screens have volume control, or is it fixed level?

~mike
                          Single Member of the "1000 Post and No MP3 Car" Club
                          PROJECT ON INDEFINATE HOLD... BOUGHT A HOUSE
                          2000 Cavalier Z24 [###-------] Only 30% Done ... Still

Comment

hey, do these ps1 screens have volume control, or is it fixed level?
                            I think it does, but I don't think you want to use those speakers. Even cassete adapter should work better.

Artemk.

Comment

NIce deal

One thing to keep in mind, is that there are different manufacturers and sizes of the PS One Screens. The one's being sold at Best buy are by SOny and are 5" in size. THere are some that are 4" and looking at the above auction there's a 5.6". One thing to keep in mind is that the one in the above auction doens't include a power adapter (it's powered by the PS ONE console)

Comment

Working...
                              X