Xenarc 700IDT is AMAZING!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenarc 700IDT is AMAZING!

I received my Xenarc 700IDT for under $500. Although it is not motorized and is very pricey, it is amazing quality. I switched to this monitor after being dissapointed by the Lilliput in-dash.

With the Xenarc, you can even see it during the day. I recommend this monitor to anyone looking for a flip-out in-dash solution.

Scott

I saw this screen removed from couple of sites and some said because it has issues.

Comment

lol pwnt

Comment

Nope, it doen't seem to have any issues. I am 100% satisfied.

Comment

How exactly does it work if it is not motorised? I am guessing it is spring loaded, but does it spring out and have to be pushed back in? What is the mechanism like?

I really wanted a motorised in-dash, but they don't seem to be any good at present.

I did hear somewhere that Xenarc are working on a motorised version. Anybody know anymore about it?
          Happiness is not about wanting what you have, but having what you want. ;o)

CARPUTER Status
          LCD: K301 (returned!)
          Nano ITX NL10000, 512MB RAM, DVD/CDRW
          M2 ATX

Comment

I was looking into getting the lilliput indash motorized LCD.

Mind if I ask why you were dissapointed with it?

Also, mind linking me to the one you purchased?

TY!

Comment

Originally posted by spdyscotty
              I received my Xenarc 700IDT for under $500. Although it is not motorized and is very pricey, it is amazing quality. I switched to this monitor after being dissapointed by the Lilliput in-dash.

With the Xenarc, you can even see it during the day. I recommend this monitor to anyone looking for a flip-out in-dash solution.

Scott
              I like mine too, It still gets washed out a little in bright sunlight though.

Originally posted by kickercivic1
              I saw this screen removed from couple of sites and some said because it has issues.
              Didn't stop you wanting one a while ago

Originally posted by bagwellfive
              lol pwnt
              Well thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread

Originally posted by GizmoB73
              How exactly does it work if it is not motorised? I am guessing it is spring loaded, but does it spring out and have to be pushed back in? What is the mechanism like?

http://www.primera-egt.com/mov/Xenarc.wmv
              Old setup
              Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
              New setup
              Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
              Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

can i ask how you got it for under $500? used? or is there some generous website out there?

edit: nevermind, its $440 at mp3car.com store

edit again: nevermind, its permanently out of stock at the mp3car.com store, as well as several others...

Comment

$499 at XenarcDirect.com
                  http://www.xenarcdirect.com/store/pr...249&bestseller
                  2002 Grand Am progress :
                  [] - 80%
                  ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

http://www.globaltechelectronics.com...IDT_A_pid_1283
                    $449 + Shipping.

It is not motorized, but spring loaded. You press in the front and it quickly springs out and folds up. I have no idea what quality issue mp3car is talking about, but I'd like to find out. Mine is absolutely great.

I had the Lilliput in-dash. It was highly reflective, and you could not see a thing during the day. Not to mention it breaking after two weeks. With the Xenarc, it can be a bit hard to see under direct sunlight (better than the lilliput though), and with the proper brightness/contrast settings it is pretty damn good.

Scott

Comment

I know you can get them for under $500 here too http://www.carputersfordummies.com/Xenarc%20700IDT.htm

Just talked to them about one of these nice screens! Will probably get one myself.

Comment

Originally posted by markbuts3
                        I like mine too, It still gets washed out a little in bright sunlight though.

Didn't stop you wanting one a while ago

Well thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread

http://www.primera-egt.com/mov/Xenarc.wmv
                        A bit off topic here, but which navigation software is in used in the video? just curious.

Thx in advance. (I use Routis (discontinued))

Comment

so this one is not so reflective? Would you still need an upgrade to have good daytime visibility? I have a convertible, so sun is a much bigger deal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gredd
                            I know you can get them for under $500 here too http://www.carputersfordummies.com/Xenarc%20700IDT.htm

Just talked to them about one of these nice screens! Will probably get one myself.
                            someone actually registered the domain " carputersfordummies.com "
                            seems like a sale site, no info ...
                            I thought it might be a good sticky for the noobs

It seems like the same housing that I got to put one of my lilli in, however it's FUBAR now..... damn, trying to save a penny

Don

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigDog
                              A bit off topic here, but which navigation software is in used in the video? just curious.

Thx in advance. (I use Routis (discontinued))
                              That is ViaMichelin Mapsonic....
                              Old setup
                              Epia M10k, Cubid 2699R case, 512MB, 40GB 3.5" drive
                              New setup
                              Optiplex 260SX (2.8GHz P4, 512MB, 30GB, DVD)
                              Xenarc 700IDT, USB hub, 802.11g, bluetooth, P2140, P5V

Comment

Working...
                              X