Screen size...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen size...

Does anybody know how I can make my ATI AIW Pro fill up my whole 5" Mobile TV LCD? There is about a 1/4 of an inch or so border around the screen. It really makes my screen look smaller I know it is not the screen b/c I've hooked up a VCR and my CCD camara to the LCD. They both used the whole screen. Any suggestions.

ODYSSEY
    ODYSSEY

Originally posted by Tidder
    Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
    All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
    Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Try hookin up your car computer to your monitor, and stretching the screen further past the borders ?

i dont know if this will effect how your comp displays it, or just how the monitor displays it, but worth a shot.

try diff resolutions also.

Comment

I have the same problem. There are some fine tuning stuff in your display settings. I was able to get it to about a 1/4 inch border on the top and bottom too. Let me know if you find something!
      http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
      Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

I feel stupid now...

1) Go to Displays->Settings
        2) Click Advanced
        3) Click Adjustment
        4) Change the Display Device to TV "Most important step"

Then you can change the size outputed to the TV/LCD.

I knew I was overlooking something.

ODYSSEY
        ODYSSEY

Hey, as long as it's not any particular race I'm offending, I can stand to be a pedophile.
        All information expressed in this post is my opinion, and should not be regarded as a statement of fact.
        Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(")

Comment

lol....i could have told u that...well it looks like u already have it setup now.
          abcd-1
          Author of CobraI,II,III and now CobraIV.
          You can contact me on AOL instant messenger....nick is cenwesi or cenwesi3

Comment

I tried that and I still have a 1/4 inch border at the top and bottom.
            http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/Maveric/ M.A.V.I.C. System
            Asus MB, PII 266, 192 MB Ram, 6.8" LCD, 6 Disk CD-ROM, 21 Gig HD, All-in-Wonder Video w/ TV Tuner, Irman, Windows ME, Winamp, Cobra III -- All in a custom acrylic case.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/listings/ MP3car Listings - Please add to it! :)

Comment

I used to use AIW also and i had same problem. I think this is just a problem u can't do anything about. I switched to a trident PCI with tv out card and that one does take up the whole screen on my 5.6" LCD.
              04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

I just bought a AUSU V7100 Deluxe Combo and I've tried it out on the TV. It takes up the whole screen.
                Maybe you could email ATI and see what they have to say?
                1983 BMW 733i
                Cyrix 166 32MB with MPXPLAY And no display. Player sits on the back seat with a keypad in front. Someday I'll mount this thing for good...
                Gathering parts for carplayer v2.0!

Comment

i have the same problem, this is my set up clarion 6.4 (VMA6491) and riva tnt (v550).i was thinking about getting another video card but i dont know if this is going to fix the problem.

Comment

Likely (I'm not completely sure) the LCDs you are using show the full NTSC signal. Most televisions only show about 80% of the signal because it is easier for stations to center their programming that way. The TV out on these video cards is probably trying to squish the whole image into 80% of the image space so that it will look normal on a regular TV. When it is shown on your lcd there is obviously a border because it is showing a full image rather than the normal 80%. I hope this helps and makes sense.
                    Got started with computers on this board early in high school...now I run a web development company and am about to build my dream machine.

Comment

Do this, goto deja.com and search for ATI tv out overscan .. You want to turn overscan on, there is something you add in the registry but I forgot where and what but once you search you will find it..

Jason

Comment

It doesn't make sense.....

I have been searching and testing (1.5hr+) all night with my ATI AIW "Rage Pro Turbo" Here is what I have found out.

No matter what display setting or driver I will end up with some sort of border around my output. I found out that if I run the tv software in full screen @ 640x480 it will fill the whole "yes the whole" screen. It is the only time it will use the whole screen. The overscan setting appartly only works in Rage128+ cards. The Rage Pro drivers don't seem to support the setting or has changed since the registy hack came out. Good luck on finding drivers to fix this problem, since ATI is full steam ahead on their Radeon cards. Also, I can hook-up a VCR, TV, Web-Cam, and a camcorder and all four devices will use the whole screen. I'll try and contact ATI about the problem.

ODYSSEY

Good Source for ATI Card Info www.rage3d.com
                        ODYSSEY

Digital-Car UK|

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

Comment

Sorry, I wrote that last one after a night with little sleep. Ill let this picture talk.
                          [EDIT] stupid geocities [EDIT EDIT] stupid stupid geocitieshttp://www.geocities.com/dartman111/screen.gif
                          So essentially you have to get your ATI card to send a signal that fills the whole ntsc signal instead of what your TV shows.
                          Got started with computers on this board early in high school...now I run a web development company and am about to build my dream machine.

Comment

i think i am going to buy a vga to tv converter, i heard that they work better than the video out in most video cards, and you can adjust the screen size, etc.

vga to tv for info

Comment

If your TFT supports PAL input, try to make your video card output PAL.

Comment

Working...
                              X